Bridgstone RE070

Brucel

Apr 29, 2005
Sheffield
The Bridgstone Potenza RE 050 A get great reviews, better grip than the GSD3's

The tests were done by Tyretests.com and they seem to do equal distances... Think I may try these next time although I do like Michelins but they cost to much.

The above Bridgestones are about £10 more expensive than the goodyears. :)

Issue24

Replying to the How much Post

£148.00 inc per corner fitted for RE070, 225/45/17

Issue24

Tyres fitted

Had the tyres fitted Friday,
The dry weather grip is awesome:D , better then the Goodyear GSD3's
i know you are supposed to run them in for a few 100 miles before you get the best out of a new set, so things are looking good.
looks like i will get the chance to try the wet weather grip out this bank holiday as well.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
I have these Potenzas on the front of mine at the minute. I've never run GSD3s, but compared to the Dunlops I have on many times before the Bridgstones are "fine". Probably about the same grip levels as the Dunlops, slightly more if anything. Never properly run them in the wet/off-wet (which is where I think the Dunlops were ace).

Corner grip was impressive from the off, straight line grip wasn't as good at first, but now they're scrubbed in they're as good. They seem less crashy over harsh bumps (matchsticks left in the road, small twigs, you know the kind of thing) than the dunlops, but this doesn't effect turn-in or make them "drifty" AFAIK.

If you look at the tyre, the sidewall is more "angled" than the dunlops, whose shoulder is squarer. So, the bridgstones look slightly "Euro", maybe why they're less harsh. They seem to have a little more rim protection than the Dunlops and they're asymetric rather than directional (I think the dunlops are directional).

HTH

Ran the RE070s in the wet this morning and they were really ace.

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
Glad to hear it. Come join me on the Potenza bench :)

Not had much chance to try any wet-handling driving.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
wondering how good the 050a are... cant get S03's any more.
£125/tyre is steep tho as I would need 4 the same, but only really looking for another pair of S03's

DOH!

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
RE070's today on a part wet/drying damp road - not as good as the Dunlops are in those conditions.

SO, compared to the Dunlops, better in the dry, better in the wet, not quite as good in the damp, softer over bumps, but not "squidgey".

Issue24

Taken a bit of time to write this mini review RE070,
Would agree with “Feel” Much better in the dry than GSD3’s, Good in the wet (Better than expected), feel a bit lose in the damp especially with all the salt that has been on the roads lately.
With them fitted got rid of the under steer in the dry, turn in fantastic, they have a lot stiffer sidewalls than any other tyre I have tried. Will be fitting 4 next time will let you know how I get on with all 4 fitted….

flappy

Ferociously Rapid
Mar 28, 2007
Im confused as I thought P6000's came on some FR tdi's as standard, but mine by the looks has come with Potenza RE040's.

If money were no object I thik I would go for some Pilot Sport Cups, they are supposed to eb great around the ring.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.