Leon ownership comparison

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Seat.jpg

How all this was worked out....

All modified power and torque figures are based on a Stage 1 remap of an otherwise standard car. They were worked out by taking an average of what Revo and Custom Code advertise after a Stage 1 remap for that model.

Fuel usage and economy was taken from a poll for information from SC.net members in the Leon MK1 forum. The average was taken to create the MPG figure for both standard and modified versions of each model.
I then worked out the miles per tank by working out what the average MPG figure would give based on 50litres of fuel usage. I chose this figure as I believe it is more relevant than working it out on a full 55 litre tank, as not everybody runs their car to dry every time. It's a more 'real world' figure in my opinion. Please note - all figures are rounded up or down to the nearest 5 miles.

Fuel prices were taken from the website www.fuelprices.com and are correct at the time this thread and information was created. Please visit that website for the latest prices.

Insurance prices are based on a 27 year old male with full NCB living in a rual area. The prices were kindly provided by Greenlight Insurance and are for comparison and are only to be used as a guide.

Currently there are no servicing costs. I have approached Seat UK for a price guide to servicing but as yet I have not got this information. If anybody has an idea as to how else we can get this information, please let me know.

Any other information that is missing - i.e. tyre prices - will be added soon. If anybody has this information, please let me know. I would ideally like the price to be for a standard tyre, not an aftermarket alternative (so no Goodyear Eagle F1 prices please).

Please let me know what you think of this. As you can see, it's not finished yet but I wanted to get opinions at this stage before finalising it :)

Massive thanks to ChrisUK for creating the original spreadsheet, Greenlight for the insurance prices and to everybody who has contributed to this so far. I hope it proves useful when finished :)

Last edited:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
It's not just my work... but thanks all the same.

And I'm glad it arrived safe DamoR :)

By the way, I've sent this link to Seat UK to show them what we're up to and trying to create, so hopefully that will help them get us the service prices we need :)

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Nice one Rob!

FR+ comes with silver mirrors though.

Sure over time more and more info will get added!

Feb 27, 2007
Behind Wilko
Well done Rob. Top job.

you could ask SMC seatwindsor for the servicing costs. he came to the bucks meet last wednesday and seemed to be quite helpful.... its worth a go.

thanks for compiling the data mate

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
mpg? with ihi??

actually not bad but couldnt give you numbers. i`ll try to work it out. no mpg on my display:(

nick at jabba said it would be more economical now as id use the throttle less or die.:clap:

good comparison chart rob. good to see it all in one chart rather than bits in our heads.

lol dave, just because we are dosnt mean we`re not still mentally sixteen (hence why i snigger everytime the serve me with ciggarettes):ban:

cobraman2007

Feb 28, 2007
RobM - your a living legend and I think SEAT should employ you.:clap:

You have given me a much clearer understanding of how much money my forthcoming LCR will put me out of pocket and although the costs are a little high, the fuel consumption isn't as bad as first thought considering £35 gets me 200 miles out of my 1.6l MX5.:blink:

Just one quick question though - why does it work out that a remapped engine gives you better fuel economy in the LCR whereas the other Leon models seem to suffer? Also, I would have thought an extra xxbhp would mean more expense on fuel?

Thanks - Cobraman2007:funk:

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
I'm no expert, but a good remap should be able to help with fuel economy, as the part-throttle mapping can be adjusted as well as the full throttle mapping, as far as I understand? Plus there is the fact that with all that added torque on tap, you need to use full throttle less often to pick up speed or overtake.

Why the others haven't worked out that way, I don't know. But that's what the figures produced after everybody submitted their data :)

I'm going to let the LC owners have more of a chance to give us their fuel economy data and then I'll re-do the LC part of the chart. Once done, all that's left is finding tyre and service prices.

Which reminds me... a question.....

What tyres come as standard on the Leon Cupra and FR petrols and diesels? If I know the make, model and size I can go and find some prices for comparison. Unless, of course, anybody here has recently changed their tyres for the same as standard and can tell me how much they paid?

Cheers all

AndyCole

NICE ONE ROB
Looks good on paper all in one list.
IN THEORY: A good remap gives you "all that added torque" and enables you to drive around in a higher gear maximising fuel economy.I think that's what Revo Kev said.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
IN PRACTICE: yeah suppose so!!! will have to try it one day
:D :D :D
(Revo grin factor)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Rob there is one mistake....FR+ doesnt have body colored wing mirrors its still the matt silver...

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Rob there is one mistake....FR+ doesnt have body colored wing mirrors its still the matt silver...

I know mate, somebody else has already pointed that out. I've just not edited it as this isn't the final version. The point in posting it in it's current state is to gauge opinions, find out if there is anything that should be added or removed and to let people check it for accuracy. I'll make the edits, add more info and post it up again when done.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Can anybody help me out with regards to the make, model and size info of standard fit tyres on each of the models?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise