What to do?

mcmaddy

Aug 28, 2005
What should I be using to polish/wax my car. I wash it every week with Gold Class but as yet havent used any polish or wax on it. Ive got Zymol wax (Blue stuff) and also some Auto Glym Polish (New stuff for dark cars). Which order should I be doing them in? Should i only be using the Zymol every other week or month and using the Auto Glym alternatating. Cheers

D3DNA

May 14, 2006
Cov
Wash it, dry it, polish and work it in, then buff off. Apply wax (you can use your hand) and wait for 15 mins till it hazes, waiting longer will offer better results but harder to remove residue. Stand back and admire the handy work.
As for maintaining the paintwork, wash it every other week like your doing, then every month or so run over the car with some wax, if you can you can polish prior to waxing.
Hope this helps

Last edited:

Knigh

Jul 9, 2005
W Sussex
This depends on how much time, care and attention you want to give to your car / bodywork. The basics are: Two buckets - no sponges - lambs wool mit for the wash - suggest once a week. Polish - Auto Glym's Super Resin Polish ideal - just started to use and found to be very good - say every 3 months - depending on use / mileage. Then choose your wax - apply say once a month - again depending on use / mileage etc.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
If you use a decent quality car shampoo, like you are already, and the two-bucket wash method you should find you're wax is still quite strong after a month. But it's always good to keep it topped up, so make it a monthly job. You can get away with less in the summer if you need or want to though.

mcmaddy

Aug 28, 2005
Thanks for the replys. Ive used the Gold Class since i bought the car 2 years ago and it still has some beading effect in places. Cheers fellas.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.