Stacked my car

keefy

Dec 4, 2006
From what you say, I would pay a visit to the roundabout and look for oil/diesel on the road.
If indeed there was diesel on the road, that was likely from the bus depot, a stiff letter to them explaining the situation and asking for some kind of offering towards the cost of repair might be worthwhile.

Could be worth spaeaking to the police/AA about this to see if they will back you up.

A mate of mine hit a milk crate a few yrs ago while going round a roundabout on his Yamaha Thundercat. A load of his fairing was damaged, he wrote to the dairy whose name was on the side of the crate and they paid for the lot....!

Poverty

From what you say, I would pay a visit to the roundabout and look for oil/diesel on the road.
If indeed there was diesel on the road, that was likely from the bus depot, a stiff letter to them explaining the situation and asking for some kind of offering towards the cost of repair might be worthwhile.

Could be worth spaeaking to the police/AA about this to see if they will back you up.

A mate of mine hit a milk crate a few yrs ago while going round a roundabout on his Yamaha Thundercat. A load of his fairing was damaged, he wrote to the dairy whose name was on the side of the crate and they paid for the lot....!

You might be onto something there, but then I would have a hard time proving that its oil coming off from the buses.

Could see if the council has any statistics of car incidents for that stretch of road though to see if its abnormally high.

danmay

Fast cars, shooting stars
Mar 25, 2007
Stafford
www.myspace.com
i nearly caned my motor yesterday too going about 30 round a soft left hander, felt the back step out as i went over a big manhole and nearly soiled myself, have been driving like a pensioner since that, gonna look out for roundabouts too!

i agree with Keefy, my mate did the exact same as you outside a kwik fit somewhere, they'd just hosed the garage down after an oil spill and straight onto the road the idiots, mate comes round the corner at about 35 (it was a 40 limit btw) hit the oil and sheared his wheel off the kerb and hit a bus, wrote his brand new focus off after 3 days of ownership! 1 stroppy letter to kwik fit backed up by the police who were on the scene and they replaced his whole car as he was gonna sue them as his dad's a lawyer!

May be worth a go to see what you can get, the worst they'll say is "No you cheeky 'stard" lol

Last edited:

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
Opposite lock may have worked, bit of handbrake action??

Its all so fast even when going slow, must admit i've been quite lucky... touch wood!

Sorry to hear the car is bad, but at least yopur gf wasn't hurt, you'd be a wanted man if she was, even if it was your fault or not!

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
i understeered coming off aroundabout back in march during the really cold spell, managed to get the front end to grip but ended up with lift off oversteer :( caught it one way but the pendulum effect took me right round and i reversed into the central reservation! Still not got it fixed as im saving money to do it privately, i cant afford to lose my no claims bonus, and my excess is £650! :|

bit of a bugger when it happens but just put it down to experience, hope your repairs aint too costly... im lookin at about £1500 for mine.

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
Decent Tyres, experience and reading the road ahead help to prevent this... always beware of first rain, dodgy stuff but fun as anything if private roads empty!

When I was 19 I went round a corner too fast in wet once, was wearing a big coat as it was cold so didn't steer enough, ended up flooring it to avoid the kerb, good old diesel power!

Poverty

i understeered coming off aroundabout back in march during the really cold spell, managed to get the front end to grip but ended up with lift off oversteer :( caught it one way but the pendulum effect took me right round and i reversed into the central reservation! Still not got it fixed as im saving money to do it privately, i cant afford to lose my no claims bonus, and my excess is £650! :|

bit of a bugger when it happens but just put it down to experience, hope your repairs aint too costly... im lookin at about £1500 for mine.

yeah mine will probably be about 1500.

Im filling out application forms for B&Q as we speak! :lol: :(

Poverty

Front left Alloy

spa0018dn9.jpg

Underneath view from front of car

spa0019ob4.jpg

spa0020ry0.jpg

Georgie

WADDA YA WANT.. EH?!
Nov 27, 2005
FLEET
impressive.

when i smacked mine and jhust hurt the wish bone i popped along to a mate who worked at a garage and he heated up the parts and bent them back as straight as he could get them.. at least that way i could drive the car as i had to wait a week for the parts.

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
Hi mate unlucky about the car , i am a great beliver in fate (unsure on spelling lol) happens to the best of us sometimes and could have been alot worst imagine if you had felt like ragging it (we all get the urge sometimes) what could have happened then?

mate if i win the lottery this week i promise to buy you a brand new Lon Cupra and pay insurence for a year, that would cheer you up fingers crossed for me ey?

Poverty

Hi mate unlucky about the car , i am a great beliver in fate (unsure on spelling lol) happens to the best of us sometimes and could have been alot worst imagine if you had felt like ragging it (we all get the urge sometimes) what could have happened then?

mate if i win the lottery this week i promise to buy you a brand new Lon Cupra and pay insurence for a year, that would cheer you up fingers crossed for me ey?

That would definetly cheer me up. Been thinking aswell that it could all be part of fate, or maybe karma as Ive had quite a bit of bad luck lately.

Good luck on the lottery ;)

croakey

karma....

i'd love right now to say i told you so....so i will!lol

obviously the oil on the road or "magic diesel" as most local 200sx boys call it caught you out... that same mystery oil that is always to blame to overzealous driving in wet or slightly damp conditions.

Maybe it wasnt your fault...but in lieu of your big headedness in regards to driving skills i have managed a rye smile over it all.

Good luck fixing it...and next time slow it down ;)

ps: even on my stretched tyres (notorious for dodgy wet weather handling) i havent come close to hitting a kerb?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Triple D

Thats nice of you croakey :whistle:, i look forward to the day you have a miss hap and this guy says the same to you:w4nk:

croakey

lol..love you tripleD...

it was meant light heartedly...obviously its been mis read

Ad Lav

vRS...
Nov 10, 2006
Kent
Croakey and Kerb are two words left alone, if he kerbed those puppies I think I may cry!

Damage looks proper nasty btw!

Poverty

Had a proper good look as I came in from work and I reckon I need new of the following.

Control arm
Driveshaft - (maybe, maybe not, the shaft itself is fine, but the connection to the wheel isnt.)
Shock
Couple other little bits

Does anyone know what the part as circled in this pic is called?

spa0019circledgf6.jpg

Gonna ring my local accident repair center to see if they can send a guy round to assess my vehicle and give me a rough quote!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise