Whats under the black bit on the doors???

leon7284

Chelsea Chelsea
Jun 13, 2006
Horsham, West Sussex
I mean the section where the two doors meet between the windows front front to rear doors. Only ask as my drivers door as been :censored: on various walls and needs repairing before rust sets in but was thinking or remove the above at same time??? Also wanted to get the strips removed and filled so do them all at the same time me thinks.

jamesy

JMM
Nov 5, 2006
portsmouth (waterlooville)
ah sweet so can just remove those then and the sticky crap that will no doubt be left behind!

dont take my word for it, but im pretty sure the black is just stuck on over bodywork.
as on mk-iv Golfs they have colour coded pillars so im asuming the leons have too just being covered with this black stuff.
imo i think it looks great having black pillars to blend in with the window

Matt85

Feb 6, 2007
Bucks
Dunno if its for protection or not , but it is definitely an area where you find all the grubby finger prints when people close the door.

leon7284

Chelsea Chelsea
Jun 13, 2006
Horsham, West Sussex
it dont stop the electric shock on mine! im always getting it- wear alot of trackie bottoms (no jokes please) so put it down to that. Im going to leave it for now just about to splash out on the group buy spacers insteed.

Smart22186

Feb 21, 2006
Peterborough, England
Think it helps to stop the old electric shock too :mad:

Ha ya damm right their, in face it was a thread i was gonna start the other day, everything i get outa my car i get a shock why? i know i can get them static earth things (yuck) but it never used to happen? oh if you remove the plastic trim post some pics, (i have black car to)

Have you thought of contacting a scrap yard asking for the black plastic trim (see what results they give you for removal?)

leon7284

Chelsea Chelsea
Jun 13, 2006
Horsham, West Sussex
nice idea- but whenever i go to my local scrappy i ask for leons they say yes top yard go there what do you want i tell them they say no sorry too small a part??? what the :censored: that all about? dont they want my money!!!

Leon.SJ

Naturally aspirated...
Oct 16, 2006
South Bucks.
I think they look good on other colour Leons because they have the matte finish, so look smart... but then for you guys with black cars they might look really good without, it'll blend in better with your paint work... :think:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.