inner Brake Pads worn much more than outer

markmck

f!!#*** Computers
Feb 1, 2002
ballymena
Visit site
As the title says the inner pads are almoist worn down and the outer ones still have plenty of wear on the front of my toledo.

The disks are ATE power disks and the pads are greenstuff.

It could be a sticking slider mechanism but is it possible its something else like a master cylinder? It looks like both sides are doing the same.

thesonny

UNV This
Nov 20, 2006
It is quite common for the inner pad to wear more than the outer pad on a lot of cars with cheaper calipers, as the inner pad gets more pressure on it then the outer pad. The calipers work by pushing on the inner pad which in turn pulls on the outer pad creating the clamping motion. As the pads wear the inner one will wear faster as it has a fraction more contact time with the disc. I have found on my toledo that the inner one will almost be completely worn and the outer will still have 1-2mm of pad left.

markmck

f!!#*** Computers
Feb 1, 2002
ballymena
Visit site
It is quite common for the inner pad to wear more than the outer pad on a lot of cars with cheaper calipers, as the inner pad gets more pressure on it then the outer pad. The calipers work by pushing on the inner pad which in turn pulls on the outer pad creating the clamping motion. As the pads wear the inner one will wear faster as it has a fraction more contact time with the disc. I have found on my toledo that the inner one will almost be completely worn and the outer will still have 1-2mm of pad left.

Yes, you are right about this. Just got some new pads the other day at a local tyre fitter as the drivers side front inner pad was down to the metal!!! The reason I thought there was something wrong was that the car was serviced by a local mechanic 3k miles ago and he didn't mention pads - must have just checked the outer pad !! Anyway the cheap ones will do for now until I decide on new disks and pads - maybe brembo max slotted as I can upgrade to 312mm disks without changing the hubs on the Toledo

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.