FMIC on a 130 FR

jase750

Jan 3, 2003
Stoke on Trent
Visit site
My Ibiza 100 PD sport was used as the development car for the Forge FMIC,
I've just bought a FR 130PD and was going to swap it over (after getting the relevent parts of Rich ).

BUT after speaking to Jabba they reconed that it wouldn't be worth it,

which sounded strange as I thought more dence ,colder air was always a good thing.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Did they say that the Forge one wasn't worth it i.e. get their's or that a FMIC wasn't required at all?

jase750

Jan 3, 2003
Stoke on Trent
Visit site
they said that if i fitted a FMIC to it ,It wouldn't increase the power and I would be better off fitting an uprated clutch instead, as the std one won't take the torque levels that they can get out of it !
I did explain that it was a 130 PD and NOT a 160 PD but they were adamant that the clutch would be a better mod . ? ? ?
luckily my mum is buying the 100 off me so I can take my time about changing the FMIC over along with a new Cupra intake pipe and Green filter.

Ibiza Evo 2

220,8hp and 351lbs/ft
Jun 1, 2004
get-me.to
They're right.
A FMIC on it's on doesn't give any extra power.
But it's better for a remap.The air in the intake will be cooler,so more oxygen.
More oxygen means that there can be more fuel injected.
More fuel and air means more power.
So if you want more power from a FMIC then it must be remapped afterwards.

RichardBW

Jan 9, 2002
Leamington Spa
basicaly thats correct. No uprated IC will give you extra power unless there is an obstruction in the standard versions. Increased cooling will probably only retain the power that would have been lost due to a poor IC. In effect you get a wider power band. Forge never advertise any FMIC's with increased power figures, they only give comparison figures for temps.
The Bosch ECU's will typically start correcting the boost downwards when the inlet temps hit 60C, if you have ever logged your own pd on a standard IC then you can decide how much time your car will be running on reduced boost/power because of this and then decide on the FMIC route??????

Correct on the remap after IC too. If the charge cooling system has grown in volume then the boost maps need altering to suit for a start.

I think the company mentioned in the first post use another pereferred company for their IC work. This particular fabrication comapny does not have a kit for the Ibiza....could be the key ; )

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
Hi Jason,

If your still thinking about getting a fmic i'm running a group buy for a pro alloy fmic which is the company jabba reccomend let me know or post on the thread in my sig should hopefully be getting 25% discount if we can get enoughg people!! let me know mate

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.