LCR tyres, Reading

ianc

Nov 1, 2005
Berkshire
Need a pair of fronts, just the standard ones that come with the LCR new.

Dealer quoted me £180 a corner and openly told me they where uncompetitive after a service this week. o_O

I'm in Reading, Berks. Can anyone recommend somewhere that can supply and fit at a decent price without munging my alloys?

ianc

Nov 1, 2005
Berkshire
Are these the badboys?

Pirelli Pzero Rosso (Extra Load) 225/40 R18 Y £126.94

Or should I go for some Z rated goodyears (considering that there are PZero's on the back\spare.

Fitter <1mile away [B)]

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Ive just used Mytyres, excellent service, tyres delivered to your door, and SCN get some money out of it. Its all good

andycupra

status subject to change
with quik fit get prices off them on the net rather than in a store.
im assured they honour the net price, someone at work here did this and saved a fair bit against there 'in store' price.

but for the GSD3's (goodyear f1s) you should be getting 225 40 18 for less then £120. a fair few have got these for just under £100 fitted recently.
there was a post on here for these at £96 fitted recently. have a search.

Last edited:

ianc

Nov 1, 2005
Berkshire
I wouldn't bother going for the Pirelli's...

Thanks all :)

And there is no problem having different tyres front\back??

I'll go for these then...cheaper too :D
Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 XL 225/40 R18 Z £124.82

EDIT;

Intersting, I'll mail blackcircles to confirm they are E Marked and sourced from Germany first, then if they stick on some eastern crap I've got some comeback.

Last edited:

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Britten Tyres (01189 751119), Robert Cort Indusrtial Estate, off Elgar Road (down the side of the Ford dealership on the Basingstoke Road, where the OLD entrance to Makro used to be.

The owners, John and Paul, have always done all my tyres for the cars and bikes, true professionals and have never left so much as a glue mark from an old balancing weight.

Tell them Paul Townsend the detailer sent you and they should sort you nicely.

ianc

Nov 1, 2005
Berkshire
Jesus, you wern't kidding Paul. A VERY good price, and a pair of GSD3's will be in stock tomorrow [B)]

Happy days :D