new alloys..tyres??

sionowz

Jan 28, 2007
cardiff
hey everyone... my new alloys have arrived!! :D I'm just wondering what size tyre to go for!!! They're Borbet T's 16x9 rear + 16x7.5 front. Ive got 60mm shocks and springs so might be a tight fit...but Ive got no seats in the back so it rides quite high. I want a streched look...but not too much. Anyone know the prices I'd be looking at?? (cheaper the better really....student life and all that!!!!)
cheers!:)

e5sta

Sep 19, 2006
hey you got them then!

i had 195/45 on the front and 215/40 on the rear and mine were 7.5J and 9J - mine was slammed to the floor and i did have some rubbing on the arches

also my wheels wouldnt clear my front brakes so i needed spacers on the front i used 5mm ones - you may find yours ok tho you will know once you try :D

(let me know if not cos i got my Eibach 5mm spacers sitting at home now ;) )

e5sta

Sep 19, 2006
also my fronts were hardly stretched at all - the rears were nicely stretched :D

Mckellar

We're starting to get some folk on here going euro - excellent!

Ive just bought a set of porsche design 90's :
8" rear - 195/45/16 with a nice stretch
6" front - 195/40/16 with no stretch

I have 4x100 > 5x130 adaptors that are 20mm.

rear stretch: *note* that is not my backgarden, its the sellers :p

mystretch.jpg

Get some pics of yours up!
David

sionowz

Jan 28, 2007
cardiff
hey guys n gals...jus got them wrapped and I've put them on...look mint!!! :clap: I'll get some pics up soon...went with same setup as you in the end e5ta. The tyre shop didnt want 2 do it...but i persuaded em!! hehe:D

Mckellar

what did u say to them mate?
i bought my wheels stretched already, much extra was the service

cheers

sionowz

Jan 28, 2007
cardiff
I just said that If they didnt want to do it...thats fine, but they'd loose £210 and Ill take it to the tyre shop down the road...plus i assured them that 'a mate had the exact same setup' etc

My rear struts are adjustable...so will have to get them off to lower it some more right?? its a bit high (yet it still rubbs like a biatch on uneaven/pot-hole filled roads!!)

I'm in work till 9:30 but will post some pics tonight
:D

sionowz

Jan 28, 2007
cardiff
I had 17" 5spoke white kn racelines....but they were too much headwork to fit...so had standard 5spokes while I saved for these. Wasnt sure what look to go 4...rally/euro because I couldnt imagine a yellow eurostylee car...but ah well...makes it distinctive!!:D

Mckellar

looks good mate, euro is defo the way forward.

Oh-andyj , i think i might be able to swap grilles for a debadged one, if its still around :D

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
:thumbup: thanks Andy and David ..... the grille swap is now underway (sorry for the thread hijacking!). Just the exhaust to go now! Picked up the mk3 exhaust the other wheek but now i'm thinking about just getting a standard mk2 one fitted and selling the mk3 and powerflow ones.

sinowz,

those window deflectors, are those the ones from ebay that get shipped from germany? What are they like? Do they work? I think they look really neat.

Mckellar

no bother mate :funk:

Also si- spend another £8 or so on ebay and buy some smoked side repeaters to go with the (what look like) smoked wind deflectors.

It will make the car a lot tidier.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.