Revo or Jabba Remap?

snipaz

Jun 17, 2006
Im planning on getting a remap when my bonus comes through soon......was wondering what the difference is between the 2 remaps and what i should go for?
Was also planning on getting a Blueflame exhaust and some sort of airfilter to replace the standard but what should i go for with the remap?

ive done a search and im sure this sort of thing has come up across certains threads but its too much reading!

cheers all

Essex_Cupra

May 14, 2004
Im planning on getting a remap when my bonus comes through soon......was wondering what the difference is between the 2 remaps and what i should go for?
Was also planning on getting a Blueflame exhaust and some sort of airfilter to replace the standard but what should i go for with the remap?

ive done a search and im sure this sort of thing has come up across certains threads but its too much reading!

cheers all

If you want a revo stage 2 ecu i might be willing to swap plus money my way! Then I can go jabba with my ko3s I don't think revo works well with it at all!

ian_cupra

thats why no to revo, not suited to all different mods, but jabba will map car to suit any mods

pdcupra

Ibiza-less
Aug 11, 2006
King's Lynn
id choose jabba too, which revo are you after though, stage one i take it? Stage one spikes to high, and tails off far to quickly

20vt CUPRA

Marcus
Apr 23, 2007
Cambridgeshire
If you want a revo stage 2 ecu i might be willing to swap plus money my way! Then I can go jabba with my ko3s I don't think revo works well with it at all!

How much money do you want with a standard ecu, as i was going to take mine to be remapped with revo stage 2 software. If you live in essex then im not far from ya as im based in cambrigeshire :funk:

May 2, 2006
revo vs jabba = chalk vs cheese

i too have a jabba map, but i wouldnt say it was "better" than revo, i have one because it was only custom code or jabba who would map my setup, and considering they have done 4 similar maps to mine then i thought i would go with them, if i wanted a generic map to go with generic mods i wouldnt have any problems choosing revo (after all, you can still tweak the map with revo)

purely depends what your after and what YOUR own circumstances are ....

just my 2p ....

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
and don't be swayed by people with either:

1) no idea
2) belief that a catback exhaust requires a 'custom' setup

custom in my eyes is anything totally different to anything out there. else it will be a generic map you get, that's been mildly tweaked

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I suppose jabba 'custom' map it to suit every car as well?

And i dont understand what you mean when you say its not suited to cars with different mods. I personally think its more suited to different mods as they offer stage 1, stage 2, stage 3 and sps to control, timing, boost, map switching, valet mode and immobilizer.

I like the fact i can play with my map a little to suit different things, petrol, weather, mods etc...

Best bet is to have a search around and make your own mind up.

May 2, 2006
or - use the search button at the top and you will find 100's of threads on revo vs jabba vs apr vs cc vs etc etc etc ....

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
I have revo stg2 now had stg1, When i was running stg1 I totally maxxed it out with my mods @ 224bhp & approx 240lbft, M0rk can vouch for me as he logged it and set it up it went very well . I now have stage2 and its a very smooth map holds boost further up the rev range i havent yet maxxed that out as im awaiting my k03s! :D If you can get into the 250`s from a correctly set up- revo stg2 who can grumble at that! think alot of people slag off revo because they just have the generic map installed and expect it to hit top figures but really it needs to be tweeked with the SPS3 for those better figures.

David.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
what the hell is valet mode phil? lol

additional feature with revo is that you set it to boost 0 and it's got a low rev limit & no boost - ideal for when you want someone to drive your car, but not take it joyriding (such as garage, or tyre fitters etc)

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Plus, you cant fault the upgrade cost, its one of the reasons why i'm so tempted with an eliminator and run Revo Stage 3 for 175 quid instead of 800+ on a custom map.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members