Screenwash Recommendations

highlander

Hi All

I am hoping I can get some recommendations for some decent screenwash from the more knowlegable than I am brigade lol.

p.s I've got new car syndrome lol

Many thanks in advance
highlander

jonnie5

Seat Leon FR+
Mar 14, 2007
Rosyth
I find halfords own concentrated tobe very good currently using Holts extra concentrated which I got for cheap at costco. Beware though as the was a problem with vag car prone to leaks due to the washer jets becoming clogged and the hose bursting of the nipples. Vag recon its because the incorrect fluid is being used, so no claims if you dont use their screan wash or one that has the same spec. A bit silly tbh

Kam

Prof. Myang Li - Yum!
Jun 6, 2002
South East
Visit site
I use the apple scented Halfords double concentrate. Seems good but the scent sometime wiffs of cat's piddle :(

If you do try it, don't go for the apple scented one ;)

highlander

I'll get myself some non apple scented from Halfords then lol

Many thanks :)

highlander

Cheers for the info, next time I'm in my local SEAT dealership I will price up the SEAT stuff if no luck there it's halfy's or holts lol

Thanks

Stan 24v

Apr 7, 2007
Blackpool
Not sure about the best one, but you need to look for ones with low alcohol volumes in it to save your wiper blades from hardening, and I thnk its also part of the cause of the jets clogging too.

boss1986

Oct 27, 2006
Leeds
yeh i wouldnt use washing up liquid.

if it goes on your paint work it will strip the wax off and soon the paint will look dull.

probley not good for the rubbers along with other stuff aswell.

when my car was in for the service a few weeks ago at skoda i had an octavia, when i used the washer jets on that there was a smell of washing up liquid.
dont know if it was or if there screenwash just smells of it.

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Its nowt to do with stripping wax, diluted down it won't really do much of that. The problem is that dish detergent contains salt, which will then corrode the metal parts of the system.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise