Grill Help

gib23

Got myself a 2001 toledo, and have seen many pics on here of toledos and leons with the mesh grills on. Does anybody know where these grills are available or have any info on them at all? Would really like to get it for my car, the parts for the bottom grill too. Cheers gib:)

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
Mesh grills? do you mean like the honey comb grills from the cupra?

you can get them from the dealers but they are a bit of a pain in the butt to fit by all accounts. i am going to fit a cupra bumper and the grills are plastic welded to it. i believe you will have to cut the old grills out of the bumper....dont get me wrong it is by no means impossible!:)

gib23

yeh some look like a honeycomb mesh and others look almost like halfords mesh, seen a leon up close with the honeycomb mesh looked good, i would like to do the 3 higher up grill parts and also the lower down ones, didnt know it was possible to fit the cupra bumpers, i take it only the front one fits on ?

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
Yeah only the front ones, unless you are good at the old CUT "N" SHUT!
havent seen any good aftermarket bumpers..........i am just going to colour code my rear one....

the cupra front fits, but.............
you need to get some extra bits....guide profiles, and wheel arch extenders...it is slightly wider than the standard bumper.
also, i have found i need to remove the towing eye as the grill (offside bottom) doesnt fit on....just cut it off! RAC tow by locking the front wheels anyway!

gib23

thanks for all the info folks

Last edited by a moderator:

danbaggers

Dan Baggers
Aug 12, 2012
gib i am planning on doing exactly the same to my leon! could you give me a couple of links to the mesh as them urls have expired!