What would you change first on a new FR TDi???

Tony.Waters

Hopefully should be picking up my new Candy White FR in 2 weeks!!! Really can't wait. Been driving a 1.6fsi golf for 6 months after owning a fabia vRS can't wait to get into something with a bit of poke.:funk:
I've got 18's, comfort and winter pack, Bluetooth, xeon lights and ipod connection.
I've seen the aluminum effect door trims which i fancy and i would like to uprate the speakers.
Which speakers would people recommend and where should i get the adapters needed and and is the door trim a dealer fit option??
Is there anything else i should think of changing??
Cheers

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
Hopefully should be picking up my new Candy White FR in 2 weeks!!! Really can't wait. Been driving a 1.6fsi golf for 6 months after owning a fabia vRS can't wait to get into something with a bit of poke.:funk:
I've got 18's, comfort and winter pack, Bluetooth, xeon lights and ipod connection.
I've seen the aluminum effect door trims which i fancy and i would like to uprate the speakers.
Which speakers would people recommend and where should i get the adapters needed and and is the door trim a dealer fit option??
Is there anything else i should think of changing??
Cheers

Don't get the dealer to fit the alu trim (unless they do it for free) its so easy to do they are self adhesive trims that stick on over existing trim). You can buy the trim kit from the parts dept (don't forget to ask for a discount).

fivetones

Jul 26, 2005
Cheshire
Ride height. Or better suspension, or both (I wouldn't mess around though, coilovers or nothing). I'm sure Awesome Andy can advise (Awesome have done a lot of work on mine and my families VWs over the years).

Honestly the handling standard is superb (and I've alwsy had rock hard ride on my cars anyway) but that ride height on the FR is silly.

I'd wait until the car is all bedded in for chipping (also stock power is ok). By then they'll have sorted the DPF issues.

Tony.Waters

Does the ride height look that bad??
I had one on loan for a week but it ran 17's it didn't look to bad, how does it look with 18's??
Also how much is the centre arm rest?

fivetones

Jul 26, 2005
Cheshire
On 18s ours still looks like a tractor. It would look very mean/purposeful if the std ride height was just lowered.

Lowering for me is not just the looks though, that lean before the suspunsion settles is unnerving on fast corners imo

Tony.Waters

So what did you go for?? Just springs or full coilover setup?
Also is best to take into account that its a Tdi due to the heavier lumpup front?

fivetones

Jul 26, 2005
Cheshire
So what did you go for?? Just springs or full coilover setup?
Also is best to take into account that its a Tdi due to the heavier lumpup front?

You can feel that it's heavy up front (kind of like how a vr6 corrado feels funnily enough).

As for our setup, it's still standard. I don't believe in chucking out perfectly servicable parts just for cosmetics and better handling. After all this is mostly a form of transport not a race car and a lot of energy/resources went into producing those original shocks ;)

I plan to revamp the vehicle when we're 18-24 months in when the shocks show signs of wear.

GAZ P

Aug 3, 2005
Koni fsd shocks might be one of my first, bit of a bad back(see sig pic) bit of a harsh ride when I road tested one.Supagard paint + interior protection, paint is a bit on the thin side.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.