remap complete......wow!!!

bizaman

I am The BOFH
Feb 23, 2005
Satans Layby
bizaman.blogspot.com
Who Cares!

Sparky,

nice read out mate. TBH RR's are a lottery and there is a certain amount of salt to be taken with each reading. I would say the figures were optomistic your probably punchin in at around the 260 mark but fair play for that its not to be sniffed at. As long as you are happy with the gain and the delivery then fairplay who give a f00k!
There are some on here who take things just a little too seriously but there are those who dont and are happy just to share knowledge and info on the cars.
Anyway BHP is just a willy waving tool! something to boast about in the pub! There are still 150BHP mk2 Ibiza's that would destroy you down some decent twisties! So who cares its all about the grin factor :drive1:

Dan

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
like Mike and others said mate dont let anyone get you down i was there with you and we both saw the plot and heard what Mike (jabba ramap guy) had to say, just a shame on any forum people are always very quick to put others on a downer they cant just be happy for you, Me you and Mike know your car is like a rocket and thats all that counts mate.

With regards to this airflow issue i will be interested to find out what happens when i go to jabba on the 7th as i have a K03s turbo in my Golf and am currently running 200bhp with pritty much every performance and cooling mod i can think of so we will see what jabba get out of my car then we can all sit down and have another stupid argument about figures & jabbas rollers and you can all try and put me on a downer.

It's people like you and posts like that which cause problems and arguments. Nobody has said the car isn't fast, nobody has said Jabba haven't done a good job and nobody has said they aren't happy for the chap. Everybody who has commented on the RR result have also said all that matters is how the car performs on the road and don't put any faith into the RR figure as it's not ever accurate.

The good thing about this forum is people will happily stand up and point out when things that are posted aren't accurate. That's what this forum is about. It's not about 'I'm right, you're wrong', it's about helping everybody to understand more about the world of tuning, Leons, cars and whatever else is being discussed.

It's only when people like you make comments about how everybody is out to get you or the poster that people get annoyed.

This forum would be an utterly crap, boring place if everybody just said 'thats nice, well done' to every post, regardless of how true it is. What would people learn from that?

sparky22

think we need to call it a day on this one, im realy happy with the work and the extra performance and i respect all the experiance that you lads have to offer all us new guys getting in to the world of seats and the land of serious tuning. i think we got more important things to talk about than bloody rr figures like whos gonna be at gti show???!!!!! i got the weekend off so ill pop up on sunday if everyones gonna be there!

T10HJS

From BucksVAG.net
Feb 19, 2007
Buckinghamshire
think we need to call it a day on this one, im realy happy with the work and the extra performance and i respect all the experiance that you lads have to offer all us new guys getting in to the world of seats and the land of serious tuning. i think we got more important things to talk about than bloody rr figures like whos gonna be at gti show???!!!!! i got the weekend off so ill pop up on sunday if everyones gonna be there!

i will come up with you mate, we could start a convoy :happy:

T10HJS

From BucksVAG.net
Feb 19, 2007
Buckinghamshire
i was Jabba'd on Thursday and i was rather supprised that their RR produced the exact same readout as my VAG-COM RR so i am led to believe that their rollers are true, they managed to get me 260Bhp and 260 ft/lbs at 19PSI mike said he tried to up the boost to 22PSI but it lost 8Bhp and advised that my fule pump just coldnt get the pertol there quick enough, so i will be getting a uprated fule pump and taking her back to see what she can do when running 22PSI boost. but for the time being 260BHP is amazing!

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
no just the standard Ko3s. but i have the AUQ 180Bhp 6 speed engine

LOL:lol:

260bhp from a K03 based turbo i think not:blink:

Just goes to prove even more, jabbas rollers (Not the product) are rubbish.

You believe 260bhp all day long mate, but it will be a genuine 240bhp.

Vag com RR??

Vagcom is computer software:doh:

The funny thing is, your expecting more with an uprated fuel pump and boost:lol::blink:

Cupraloon

I'm only the messenger so don't shoot me, but... having had loads of moded cars over the years different RR give different results on diifferent days, what with atmospherics making a big difference, hence why your car goes better on colder days than warm one's.

Also I've heard that some and I'm not saying for one minute that Jabba are doing this, but some RR operators load the RR to give a false higher reading, and having had this happen to me some years ago with L.A.D :w4nk: motorsport modified Pug GTI where they were claiming 160bhp from an exhaust, induction kit and big valve's & head work, i spent almost a thousand £££'s with them only to get the car back and be a little pissed off, that it didn't feel as quick as i was expecting, I took it to a further 3 different RR's only to get 3 different power output's, no where near to that claimed of 160 crank power by L.A.D. I asked them why this was thay said if i didn;t like it i could take them to court, thats nice then Eh !!! [:@]

So in conclusion, if your happy with the results, then all's well and good !!! but there are a load of varibles when it comes to BHP figures on RR's, and some it seems need to be taken with a pinch of salt, something I'll be doing when I come to get my LC chipped.

HarveyGTI

sorry but i am one for hating people who slate the RR results, and always saying its a dyno lottery

BUT

in no way, shape or form will you EVER get 260bhp from a K03s

most I have ever seen is 254 (little but optimistic) from a k03s, but that was with Forge FMIC, 3" DP, 100 Cell race cat, exhaust, CAI, 4fbr, evo gasket heat shield, and Jabba remap (i should know as my ibiza had all of the above and was putting out 240bhp)

I have to say even for me, 260bhp from a k03s is a pipe dream and simply in no way is it realistic

I have the 6 speed AUQ engine, and am currently doing all the mods above, but i know i will only get about 245bhp......and NEVER 260bhp

and if i did, then i would post it up with a large pinch of salt, as that really is not possible

260bhp is what the LCR K04 boys get on a standard jabba remap, which says it all really

sorry mate, it just wont happen....unless of course it is a hybrid k03s....but thats a whole can of worms and i seriously doubt you have that fitted to your car

Last edited by a moderator:

T10HJS

From BucksVAG.net
Feb 19, 2007
Buckinghamshire
LOL:lol:

260bhp from a K03 based turbo i think not:blink:

Just goes to prove even more, jabbas rollers (Not the product) are rubbish.

You believe 260bhp all day long mate, but it will be a genuine 240bhp.

Vag com RR??

Vagcom is computer software:doh:

The funny thing is, your expecting more with an uprated fuel pump and boost:lol::blink:

hmmm i was expectiong this sort of reply lol,
for you info VAG-COM is diagnostic software and you can log RPM vs Torque
and there is a proven formula which can be used to calculate BHP from RMP and Torque then plotting this on a graph gives you a dyno result.
i dont understand why its funny, it is common sence more boost and petrol must increase the power

Last edited:

T10HJS

From BucksVAG.net
Feb 19, 2007
Buckinghamshire
sorry but i am one for hating people who slate the RR results, and always saying its a dyno lottery

BUT

in no way, shape or form will you EVER get 260bhp from a K03s

most I have ever seen is 254 (little but optimistic) from a k03s, but that was with Forge FMIC, 3" DP, 100 Cell race cat, exhaust, CAI, 4fbr, evo gasket heat shield, and Jabba remap (i should know as my ibiza had all of the above and was putting out 240bhp)

I have to say even for me, 260bhp from a k03s is a pipe dream and simply in no way is it realistic

I have the 6 speed AUQ engine, and am currently doing all the mods above, but i know i will only get about 245bhp......and NEVER 260bhp

and if i did, then i would post it up with a large pinch of salt, as that really is not possible

260bhp is what the LCR K04 boys get on a standard jabba remap, which says it all really

sorry mate, it just wont happen....unless of course it is a hybrid k03s....but thats a whole can of worms and i seriously doubt you have that fitted to your car

well thats rather funny as i have all the mods you listed above and more, i spoke to Mike from jabba and he advised me they will remap untill the temprature starts to raise and then becomes a reliability issue,
below is the performance mods that i have done to my AUQ Golf.

Forge 007 DV
Forge TIP
Forge Coolant Hoses
Forge Turbo Hoses
Forge DV Coldside Relocation
Neuspeed Uprated Thermostat
Neuspeed Uprated Pole Fan Switch
Carbonio CAI
Blueflame Full System With 200Cel Sports Cat
Custom Pro Alloy FMIC, (removed Pancake Pipe / Shortened Pipe Work)
New South Performance Power Gasket

like i said im only running 19PSI boost once i have uprated my fuel pump they will put that up to 22PSI which will give some more power,
i will be going to Stealth to have a RR done there to see how the figures differ.

HarveyGTI

hmmm i was expectiong this sort of reply lol,
for you info VAG-COM is diagnostic software and you can log RPM vs Torque
and there is a proven formula which can be used to calculate BHP from RMP and Torque then plotting this on a graph gives you a dyno result.

True but Mithcys point is, and he has a wealth of knowledge as he has been on here for sometime like myself is that we know that 260bhp from a K03s is simply not possible (from previos experience and having a highly modded Ibiza before with a K03s)

we are not being nasty or saying that result is b******s, we are just trying to point out its not realistic, and what kind of results are realistic

try not to take it harshly or seriously, just i think 260bhp has to be taken with a VERY large pinch of salt.

230bhp from a jabba map on a standard k03s with no other mods is more realistic, maybe a little more

HarveyGTI

well thats rather funny as i have all the mods you listed above and more, i spoke to Mike from jabba and he advised me they will remap untill the temprature starts to raise and then becomes a reliability issue,
below is the performance mods that i have done to my AUQ Golf.

Forge 007 DV
Forge TIP
Forge Coolant Hoses
Forge Turbo Hoses
Forge DV Coldside Relocation
Neuspeed Uprated Thermostat
Neuspeed Uprated Pole Fan Switch
Carbonio CAI
Blueflame Full System With 200Cel Sports Cat
Custom Pro Alloy FMIC, (removed Pancake Pipe / Shortened Pipe Work)
New South Performance Power Gasket

like i said im only running 19PSI boost once i have uprated my fuel pump they will put that up to 22PSI which will give some more power,
i will be going to Stealth to have a RR done there to see how the figures differ.

regardless of those mods, you would never make 260bhp

i was runing 22psi on my ibiza and made 235, mate made 241bhp

T10HJS

From BucksVAG.net
Feb 19, 2007
Buckinghamshire
True but Mithcys point is, and he has a wealth of knowledge as he has been on here for sometime like myself is that we know that 260bhp from a K03s is simply not possible (from previos experience and having a highly modded Ibiza before with a K03s)

we are not being nasty or saying that result is b******s, we are just trying to point out its not realistic, and what kind of results are realistic

try not to take it harshly or seriously, just i think 260bhp has to be taken with a VERY large pinch of salt.

230bhp from a jabba map on a standard k03s with no other mods is more realistic, maybe a little more

but my car is not standard its got lots of performance mods to keep the temprature down and allow better air flow.

T10HJS

From BucksVAG.net
Feb 19, 2007
Buckinghamshire
regardless of those mods, you would never make 260bhp

i was runing 22psi on my ibiza and made 235, mate made 241bhp

but like i said jabba map to how cool the engine stays and i have done lots of coolant mods and have a custom FMIC which has taken all the restrictions out and shortened the piping.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.