Help! + Why I'm a numpty + Why I hate Seat MK

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I've only had bad experiences with leon's! take extreme care as the master cylinders can fail

SpareMan

Feb 8, 2006
SEAT dealers don't need the internet to look up factory fitted parts, if they were anywhere near competent they could do it without relying on the internet function - certainly for brake hoses at least. Believe me I have been there and done that

blimey, seat parts must have the most unreliable internet connections ever.
"internet has been down" or the "parts ordering system is offline" is the standard answer i get to any query that they dont know off the top of their head. - its funny how a call to another dealer 30 seconds later ends up with me ordering parts no problem.

i share your frustrations.

Dec 31, 2007
Reading
anyone got a name/ pic of this generic tool? Think I will need my rear pads changing soon. Anyone got any links to a write up? I'm sure I could do it without but a bit of research can't be bad

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
SEAT dealers don't need the internet to look up factory fitted parts, if they were anywhere near competent they could do it without relying on the internet function - certainly for brake hoses at least. Believe me I have been there and done that

same here - just bone idle jobsworths that are totally not interested give you crap like that

gimme 5 check number now - *edit* looks like ya got one - doh

1J0 611 763K - LHR
1J0 611 764K - RHR

for future reference its the same pipe to cylinders or calipers so disc or drum rear are same

Last edited:

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
Mate I´d love to help you...

but

NO... i have no Internet ... :lol:

Just kidding...

I think losers like that don't even deserve a job... Sound like you went to a government entity... hhehhehehe

Mackers

Part Man, Part Metal
May 17, 2007
Bangor. N.Wales
job done..... wel will be later this evening, when i finish at 5, a dealer 30mls away had 1, so sent a mate for it earlier, bouthe fluid and a bleeding kit.... taking no chances his time, lol, the wibd back tool in work (yes i work for halfords, so sould have known better, lol) the wind back tool is £19.99, lol

s3quence

Aug 16, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
I often advise anyone with a little mechanical experience to save cash and change their own brake pads. Well it is usually cheaper unless you are a muppet like myself. I was undoing the alen bolt on the back of the caliper and the hit the brake line sheering it off at the capiper! GUTTED is not the word.

26052007151.jpg

So I go over to Seat MK which has a parts department and it went a bit like this:

1) She looks at me as if I'm a peace of ****
2) I ask if parts is open to which she goes of and whispers to a collegue for a bit
3) Returning she says "sorry, we can't do parts as our internet has been down all week"
4) "OK", I says, "is there any other way you can check to see if you have the part?"
5) "No"
6) Can a technition look it up on his computer?
7) "No"
8) Is there any chance you could call another dealer to get the part number
9) "We could, but without the internet we would not know the phone number"
10) "How about you ring directory enquiries?"
11) "No, sorry there's nothing we can do"

Arseholes, note to self.... never buy a car from them.

Can anyone help me? Where else could I get the end of the brake line from?

Yes they are one crap garage!! I went the service to have my car looked at cos i had a creaking steering rack. They ordered me a new one and said they would give me a call. 7 months later and im still waiting :shrug:

Shame Ive already got it looked at and sorted by another dealer :whistle:

they have been nothing but tossers since the day i signed to order the car!!