Air-Con Not Working

Mikeyb

Only got the car a few weeks ago and used the car today in the nice weather so thought l would put the A/C on but it doesn't work!!! :cry:

Anyone got any ideas or tricks l can try to see what's wrong?

Thanks
Mike

Mikeyb

Yeah poss, l have spoke to my local dealer and they said if it's a re-gas then it's £80ish

JimyFloyd

Sep 13, 2004
does the "AC" symbol stay on?

If not it's the temp sensor under the left wing mirror :)

Redcupra20vt

Jan 9, 2004
kent
Visit site
If the AC symbol flashes then it needs a regas probably

Check what the outside temp says, is it accurate? if its reading wrong then the sensor in the wing mirror needs replacing, this can cause the AC to play up

Look at the fuses on top of the battery, there will be a 30A on the far right of the three. Is it OK, if that has blown as is common that can cause the AC to stop, another sign of a fuse gone is does the pump run for ten mins when you turn the car off?

Paul

ganda_cupra

VW Commercial Technician
Sep 4, 2006
Near Sheffield
Most likely needs to be regassed.

I had the exact same my air con was shocking to say the least, managed to get it done for free at work (helps working in the trade), I only recovered 280 grams of gas (refrigerant) from my air con system when it should hold 750 grams of gas.

Needless to say its now chillier than an igloo.

As for price we charge around 70-80, but it can be done cheaper at other places as mentioned, just try to make sure they know what there doing.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.