FAO People with Ko3s & TB System Blueflame or Miltek

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
there was a post on here awhile ago i think it was a audi a3, k03s ,revo stage 2, timing 9 and boost 9 claimed 250bhp on the RR

Essex_Cupra

May 14, 2004
lol yes but why though:confused::blink:

Who?

A car with a custom jabba map should have better figures all the way through the rev range not just peak bhp which is why it probably would pull away quite easily against a revo stage2ko3s even if it was correctly set up...correct?

HarveyGTI

Who?

A car with a custom jabba map should have better figures all the way through the rev range not just peak bhp which is why it probably would pull away quite easily against a revo stage2ko3s even if it was correctly set up...correct?

that is correct indeed

my question was, why alot of revo'd cars with the K03s dont see over 230bhp

anyway, two guys i met at a meet, both same setup i.e. k03s, FMIC etc, one had Jabba and the other had Revo, both putting out the same power, give or take a 1 or 2 bhp, but the jabba one always pulled away from the revo car in straight line speed....:confused:

no idea why - prob my point being that if you have that kind of custom setup on the Ibiza then it is much better to go for the tailored route (as long as you have other mods) to achieve the most out of the car, instead of a (dare i say it) "off the shelf" type product like Revo, despite the custom settings you can have on the SP3 version

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
personally unless or see it for myself and i know both drivers are going as hard as each other, then i call it bull

just how custom is a custom remap.....not very at all really

and there are just as many people who know this as there are that think that they need a custom remap because they fitted a new cat back exhaust system and dv

Feb 25, 2007
stroud
im fitting a full blue flame system turbo back when it turns up mines goes off to jabba for a custom map and 4 bar fuel reg on july 9th we will see what that brings

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
personally unless or see it for myself and i know both drivers are going as hard as each other, then i call it bull

just how custom is a custom remap.....not very at all really

and there are just as many people who know this as there are that think that they need a custom remap because they fitted a new cat back exhaust system and dv

you really need to see past revo, Yes revo is a good map we all no that, but the difference between my mates revo stage 2 ko3s golf, at higher rpm is huge compared to my jabba ibiza. I know that his is a little heavier than mine but i can pull away from him in 3rd gear pretty easily

possibly the difference with the ibizas is that revo stage 2 is mapped for a k03 turbo where the jabba map is a little more custom to the k03s

but the rr results show (choose to believe them or not) that there is quite alot of jabba ibiza's hitting 250bhp or there abouts, and the revo ibiza's to a similar spec just are not getting the same results

Last edited:

Essex_Cupra

May 14, 2004
you really need to see past revo, Yes revo is a good map we all no that, but the difference between my mates revo stage 2 ko3s golf, at higher rpm is huge compared to my jabba ibiza. I know that his is a little heavier than mine but i can pull away from him in 3rd gear pretty easily

possibly the difference with the ibizas is that revo stage 2 is mapped for a k03 turbo where the jabba map is a little more custom to the k03s

but the rr results show (choose to believe them or not) that there is quite alot of jabba ibiza's hitting 250bhp or there abouts, and the revo ibiza's to a similar spec just are not getting the same results

If I had a spare £475 lying about I would go jabba and get a remap just to compare but i'm pretty sure my car would feel quicker and probably produce another 20bhp! Which just goes to show jabba is much more of a custom map compared to any revo sps3 settings

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
maybe its all a big conspiracy....lol

i do believe that with a k03s , revo stage 2 seems a little conservative and that is when you can benefit 90% of the time from someone who should know what they are doing and have the ability to push the tubo more. i've seen it for myself with phil and daz's logging that revo isnt quite pushing the turbo enough. but that is it.

however i also believe that a well set up revo k03 wouldnt have much problem keeping up with a revo stage 2 k03s or custom mapped k03s. ok not side by side...that would be daft. but not dramatically behind...not enough for a third person to go 'wow' any way. BUT before i get jumped on I am not saying it would be just as quick, just not far behind

Last edited:

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
maybe its all a big conspiracy....lol

i do believe that with a k03s , revo stage 2 seems a little conservative and that is when you can benefit 90% of the time from someone who should know what they are doing and have the ability to push the tubo more. i've seen it for myself with phil and daz's logging that revo isnt quite pushing the turbo enough. but that is it.

however i also believe that a well set up revo k03 wouldnt have much problem keeping up with a revo stage 2 k03s or custom mapped k03s. ok not side by side...that would be daft. but not dramatically behind...not enough for a third person to go 'wow' any way. BUT before i get jumped on I am not saying it would be just as quick, just not far behind

OK possibly as said earlier, the reason that revo stage 2 map doesn't push the turbo hard enough MAYBE!! that it's for a k03 turbo and if they were to push the k03 turbo to the levels that jabba push the k03s it may compromise reliability.

Last edited:

Cuprajoe

May 15, 2007
What sort of figures are the stage 2 custom code ko3s setups putting out?
And how do these compare to the jabba cars for drivability ?

Dec 31, 2005
London
I know what you mean Karl, been there so many times with the "usual suspects" who rubbish the RR claims, especially when it comes down to the K03s

Theyre different maps yes, but from what ive been told they dont perform that differently.
Hooch had k03s revo2, and he said that him and wayne (ko3s jabba) would just pull away from each other at different times but there was never much in it.

the k03s rubbishing (or differences of opinions as i would prefer :) ) comes down to the fact that for the money you could just wait a bit longer and have something much more worthwhile, however i do think k03s should have been the standard turbo over the k03.

my mods are
k03s
laguna fmic
forge tip
007p dv
n249 bypass
blueflame dp/cat
scorpion cat back
green panel filter with cai

really should get rr'd!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise