Car Crash - Help Needed?

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
I agree with Mark, put it back to standard and get it put through the insurance - I've seen cars written off for less!

How's you boot floor? Does your tailgate open and close funny, if at all?

Mikeyb

I agree with Mark, put it back to standard and get it put through the insurance - I've seen cars written off for less!

How's you boot floor? Does your tailgate open and close funny, if at all?

Yeah l'll put the std wheels back on.

Tailgate opens ok ish, boot floor seems fine l think :confused:

Hope it's not written off, only had it 2 weeks :censored::censored:

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
Put it through insurance and they will probably have their own recommended bodyshop, though not necessarily local.

If you have a choice Martins VW/Audi at Hatch did a great job rebuilding the front of my A3 a few years back. That was nearly beyond economic repair but they brought it back from the dead and I got another year and good part exchange out of it.

no-fear

Candy FR has been born!!!
Jan 24, 2005
Macclesfield
Let your insurance know ASAP m8, or else you'll end up paying, and Chav boy will say "can I pay you £3 a month for the next 97 years"? :whistle:

Kendo

The Kit Car Man
May 15, 2005
erskine
You hold the ace card imo. He has admitted to you having no MOT. Id let it run its course and if he doesnt play ball then report the accident to the police and he will end up getting done. Be careful about time scales though because the police only have 6 months (except in excepional circumstances) to report him and after that the offence becomes 'time barred' (he cannot be prosecuted).

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
Insurance job. My golf was hit there and they tried writing it off but because of it value modified they didnt. Just hope and pray that its only the quarter panel and tailgate thats bent and not ur chassis or roof because thats when it gets expensive and they are more likely to write it off.

Insurance will sort you out either way and get him to admit its his fault on record asap and your no claims should stay intact. If his insurance is invalid because of the mot thing then try claiming from the insurers uninsured fund which is why everyone pays a little bit more on their premiums every year! [:@]

Essex_Cupra

May 14, 2004
The best thing to do would be to advise your Insurer. Then take a copy of what ever he has said admitting liability and then forward it onto your insurer.

Depending on his insurer they may void his policy for NOT having an MOT and therefore not deal with the claim. If this happens there is a new goverment body set up which all insurers contribute to if an uninsured loss happens and your out of pocket. Your insurer should advise you of this if the other insurer does not pay out! Although being fully comp your insurer will pay the cost of your repairs for the time being just might need to claim your excess back.

When you go to the insurance approved bodyshop they will most likely give you a rediculous repair cost! Send this bill to him and if he wants to settle at that he can.

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
good job on taking piuctures of the accident, his car and yours. also getting him to write down it was his fault was a big positive!

i would say go straight to insurance and let them sort it out.

HarveyGTI

This kind of thing really does :censored: me off, the person i rear ended, she was fine when i spoke to her, next thing i know shes claiming for *ucking whiplash. People are too eager nowadays to jump straight on the whiplash claim bandwagon.

well with the rest of the pikeys and scum about living off the likes of me and you, why not get something back?

Leon Cup R

A THIRST TO BE FIRST
Jan 6, 2005
Somewhere in Berkshire
Sorry to hear about that mate, hope it all gets sorted soon.

Beware of what gets discussed on these forums though, as more and more insurance companies are apparently reading car forums.

weemzer

upside down not good!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Perthshire
that doesn't look promising mate!! get straight onto the plod and insurance. he'll try and screw ya!!

NEVER TRUST ANYONE WHO DRIVES A SAXO!!

Mikeyb

Just had a quote £2500-3k the bodyshop guy said it could be a write off :(

Spoke to the kid an l have given him till saturday to let me know what he want's to do.

Also spoke to the police and they will be speaking to him once i pop in and let them know his details ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise