My VAG-COM Logs Help (003,115 & 118)

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
How do I know if it over oiled? How do I stop so much vibrating ?

just make sure your dynatwist is strapped down nice and tight, and as for oil, As long as it's not dripping of it or when you touch it it's not soaking your hand in oil.

but you say that your changing maf's every 6 months :confused: there is something wrong somewhere

Essex_Cupra

May 14, 2004
just make sure your dynatwist is strapped down nice and tight, and as for oil, As long as it's not dripping of it or when you touch it it's not soaking your hand in oil.

but you say that your changing maf's every 6 months :confused: there is something wrong somewhere

I've been thinking about this long and hard and i'm thinking when the fault came up bank 1 lean SEAT probably changed the lamba sensor & NOT the MAF so in that case it may have been on the car longer than 6months! I'll have to check my receipts

It would be nice that SEAT replace the right parts and not just the ones that come up on fault! [:@]

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
They just replace anything they see on the fault codes. So if it says a fault a lambda sensor they'll just replace that, without questionin whats going on.

Essex_Cupra

May 14, 2004
O.k I will be picking up my MAF at lunch from SEAT i need to give back the old 1!

I only have a phillips screw driver is this enough of should I get them to fit it?

Is there a guide on how to fit I tried searching.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
They should give you the whole tube assembly so you just need to swap that.

When you see the new one and look at the old one you'll see how easy it is.

ChrisCurzon

4WD FTW
Apr 9, 2006
Bolton
youll need to take the old one out then think there in with those special screws aint they? (cant rememebr what tehre called)

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
I'd be surprised if they dont just supply you the whole unit. But if not you will need either a 5 or 6 point tamper-proof Torx bit to under the screws, either that or just use some pliers to grip onto them to undo them.

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
For £75 from seat its the whole unit and not just the sensor. Easy to change.

When I phoned VW with the part number they want over £200 because they didnt offer the exchange program!

Essex_Cupra

May 14, 2004
For £75 from seat its the whole unit and not just the sensor. Easy to change.

When I phoned VW with the part number they want over £200 because they didnt offer the exchange program!

Yes easy to change by the looks of things although the part didn't come in![:@]

Essex_Cupra

May 14, 2004
O.k all

I've fitted the new maf a few minutes ago..

I took the dynatwist off also and fitting plumbing rubber washers in between the bolts to try and stop some vibration as i've been reading another post and its say's vibrations to the sensor can cause failure which is why the standard filter has rubber mounts...

Anyway i've been taking things slow up to 2000rpm going to let it settle in get some petrol and then on the way home from work do some more logs for the coil packs! I hope this solves the problem!