Going to look at this.....

Jun 14, 2005
Northants.
There's a thread already on this car!!

IIRC the gist was that its well modified but driven hard!

Try a search - I cann't find it at the minute

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
yep the owner was a member on here till he got banned. he basically built the car himself and tested the capabilities of the AM04 turbos (which he played a part in building), i seen it a couple of times at meets an stuff and there was a few messy bits but on the road it sure did go.

jj10

sell me your car!!
Jul 11, 2005
Parts unknown...
its a monster...! i nearly bought it a few months back but couldn't coz something come up ([:@]) well p##sed off!

May have been driven hard but equally well looked after by a true enthusiast.

WELL worth a look!

Craig1985

So mixed views then people.

Whats the messy bits then?

Also whats te difference between this conversion an the IHI one from jabbasport?

jj10

sell me your car!!
Jul 11, 2005
Parts unknown...
different leauges really - the AM04 slots in nicely between ko3/s and big turbos like the IHI....

The stage 2 AM04 needs a map tweek before we know what its REALLY capable of (interested to see... claimed ~300bhp) whereas you're looking at about 330+ from IHI

Last edited:

Craig1985

So is there alot of difference between them as a mate of mine as a leon an thats been IHI.

So its just the turbo which is the difference then?

Also with the bigger turbo there would be more lag?

jj10

sell me your car!!
Jul 11, 2005
Parts unknown...
if you've got a week free you can SEARCH the forum for info on big turbos + lag....

but in a nutshell you'd need to uprate mani, downpipe, etc etc etc for both conversions but there's usually subtle difference in parts needed for different turbos...

pdcupra

Ibiza-less
Aug 11, 2006
King's Lynn
i really rate AM04's (not just because i have one!) power is very progressive from around 2800rpm right to the redline, mine is very conservatively mapped, but im thinking about taking it back to jabba, who told me they can get quite a few more ponies out of it.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
Whats the messy bits then?

basically lots of little things, typical example, once me an a few lads were looking over it and i noticed a wrench was holding the downpipe to the turbo or something along those lines. just silly little things not in the sense that its full of scratches or owt like that

jj10

sell me your car!!
Jul 11, 2005
Parts unknown...
it was dark when i saw it - but mike still pointed out a few stonechips (which are to be expected) and a few electrical niggles.... But i was more interested in how it went anyway and planned a daylight inspection at a later date...

No engine expert but didnt notice any wrenches etc....:-o

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.