LCR: How much oil is fair to "eat" for a LCR?

kerrbryan

Sep 30, 2005
Ayrshire, Scotland
I agree with that. Burning this amount of oil would say to me something is wrong..
Had a Fiat UNO Turbo ( remember them!!) it produced blue smoke from the exhaust when it got thrashed and burned the oil. Was advised then that the turbo was on its way out. Best get it checked mate..

speedsix

Leon Cupra R 225
Oct 30, 2004
It's nowhere near 1.5litrs from min to max, the hatched area iirc is just less than .5ltrs

Mine uses anywhere from practically nothing up to 200ml every 1k miles. An engine should always consume some oil. I don't understand how an engine can not consume a drop in 10k miles!? Makes no sense.

Make sure you always check it on the same level surface after leaving it for atleast 10mins, preferably do it in the morning before driving. It's SO easy to get bogus readings.

Last edited:
May 13, 2007
Denmark
Speedsix:

Yeah I'm actually checking it every morning. My problem is that I dont quite believe the dealer.
The deal is that they are comitted to give 6 months full warranty.
So lets says I ask them to check the turbo, they would probably say "It's ok" cause then they dont have to pay for at new one. When the warranty is out, they might change oppinion.
Is it possible to see the wear on the turbo?

kerrbryan

Sep 30, 2005
Ayrshire, Scotland
I would take it to an independant a get it checked over. If they establish a problem or can advise on what is wrong/needed done to correct, then go back to the dealer and demand that they put it right.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise