Mk1 Polo Project

tommmineh

1.2 POWER
Feb 28, 2005
Sheffield/Rotherham
Spent all Sunday and a bit of tonight heating, scraping and giving it a good seeing to with a wire brush drill attachment. Good (or possibly bad!) to see what's actually going on underneath! Welding will comence ASAP

Copy-1-of-DSC00099.jpg

(done more since photo)

Worst of it all....

battery tray (knew about this already but just thought i'd photograph it :blink: )
Copy-1-of-DSC00100.jpg

passenger floor
DSC00102.jpg

wheel well
DSC00103.jpg

rear valance
DSC00104.jpg

payday = panels ordering :rolleyes:

floor panel
battery tray
front/rear valances
inner front wings maybe

still after the elusive front wings [:@]

reedbradshaw

Spireite till i die
Oct 6, 2006
chesterfield
well smart cant wait to see colour - engine - interior nice to see you making a proper job of it not just stickin engine and calling it a day. going to be worth a lot once its done i bet but i suppose you cant put a price on all the time you will eventually have put in to it ! anyways its 5 to 5 so im off for a sh it then off home in beeza ;)

tommmineh

1.2 POWER
Feb 28, 2005
Sheffield/Rotherham
thanks mate, the amount of time put into it already is quite silly. fookin ridiculous amount left to do though!

Underside and arches are now completely clean, I've started gathering parts and I'm going to pick up a floorpan and spare wheel well tomorrow. Got a mate coming over Saturday to start welding then once that's done it's all systems go!

Also started cleaning the GT engine up, gearbox is lookin nice n shiny!

gazjones

just to put it into perspective fr20vt is 120 bhp per ton saxo vtr is 100bhp per ton so you can go chav hunting and piss them off as well :lol:

Aimez

this is cool!! reminds me of when a mate 'attempted' to restore a mk1 fiesta with 28,000 on clock and he stored it at my place so i got interested. He gave up and some twatt from Essex has it now and hasnt done anything really in over a year!
I hope the project gets seen through sounds like you know a few handy people to help you along so im sure you will.

tommmineh

1.2 POWER
Feb 28, 2005
Sheffield/Rotherham
Well finally got started on the prep and welding.

DSC00148.jpg

Drilled the spare wheel well out as there are loads of holes in it and currently prepping a straight one to go in.

DSC00162.jpg

(awful camera phone pics, i'm sorry)

Also got polo mk3 bits to update it a little chassis-wise- rear beam with arb and drums, mc & servo, struts & steering rack which enable it to run mk3 shocks and springs. They're all getting cleaned up and repainted. The car already has mk3 g40 brakes on so alltogether it'll brake a little better. Still not great though.

Full steam ahead on prepping the underneath now

tommmineh

1.2 POWER
Feb 28, 2005
Sheffield/Rotherham
:blink:

Haven't been on here properly in a while, spending most my nights working on the car till silly o'clock! Entire underneath is welded, sealed, rustproofed and painted and looks sweet if i dare say so my self. Got lots of suspension parts painted and the fuel tank ready to go on. Currently trying to get my head round the fuellig as I'm running a mk3 GT pump (mk1 had nowt) and also my mat ehas been stripping the new engine for a rebuild, anyway some pics

DSC00186.jpg

DSC02954.jpg

this is tomorrows task!

IMG_0005.jpg

then its roll it back over time :funk::funk::funk: