Someone parked a harley on my altea !

bobrob

A neighbour parked his harley behind my altea, some moron couldnt park and pushed it over onto my hatchback. Hmm big dent and scratch in boot, and in the bumper. BBBAAAASSTTTARR****$$$$. :cry:

Chips away have just fixed it, perfect ! Cant see or feel anything, £200, an endorsement !

I also learned that my bumper is not the same colour as the body (a normal VAG trait apparently)

Sanity restored :)

Tell

Staff member
No picture ? ;).

That sounds similar to what happened to my old ZX when someone coming down the road, crossed the road, shunted a parked car that was not correctly parked in a layby in front of mine, sticking half out, that went forwards, the ZX front crumpled and the guy did a U turn and spead off [heard all of this myself whilst watching TV with the alarm going]. The women who owned the car said I think that was my ex.... £1,600 damage to mine and her old banger it didn't mark. Another moron neighbour appeared and said you can pick up an old radiator from a scrap dealer.... well thanks for that advice.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
That is awfull!! If you hit something you stop and take the responsibility and have some respect for others property! I had an incident where i was in a van and deliverd to a chippy, a biker had parked tight to the rear of the van, i couldnt see it and reversed!! guess what happened then......?:doh: Guy came out and was mad, but said he shouldnt have parked so close!! only minor scrape and small dent.:redface::headhurt:

Hope you get it sorted and not from your own pocket, although what are the chances of finding culprit![:@]

EddyH

Aug 9, 2002
Pontefract
Visit site
Hope you get it sorted and not from your own pocket, although what are the chances of finding culprit![:@]

The OP can claim from bike owners insurance who would then have to claim from the vehicle that hit his. It's the same in a multi-vehicle bump, you claim from the vehicle that hit yours not the one that caused the accident.

Nov 2, 2006
Annaghmore
bebo.com
So it is the bike hit the rear and therefore technically his fault as is case in any rear end collision? not too bad then, but not really the bike owners fault in this case if you know what i mean.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.