Diagnosis/Excess of Pollution light HELP!!!

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
Got in the car this morning and the light was on...checked the book out and it says its the:

"Diagnosis/Excess of Pollution - This pilot light lights when the ignition is switched on as a testing device and goes out after a few seconds. In case of a failure due to an excess of pollution it will start to flash."

but it dont flash its on permanent.

coil packs??

You guys think the dealer wil do it under warranty or gonna rape me beacuse the car is mapped?

All i need when im trying to sell the bloody thing!!!! arrrggghhh!!![:@]

cheers guys.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Have you done a search yet? If you do, you'll quickly realise that this isn't a specific error light, it's a general 'you have a problem... somewhere' error light. The only way to find out what's going on is via a VAG-COM scan or via the dealers, who will use VAG-COM or something similar anyway.

It could be nothing, it could just be a sensor somewhere chucking up weird readings. BUT... it could be something much more serious, so best get it checked out ASAP.

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
Have you done a search yet? If you do, you'll quickly realise that this isn't a specific error light, it's a general 'you have a problem... somewhere' error light. The only way to find out what's going on is via a VAG-COM scan or via the dealers, who will use VAG-COM or something similar anyway.

It could be nothing, it could just be a sensor somewhere chucking up weird readings. BUT... it could be something much more serious, so best get it checked out ASAP.

Yeah did a quick search but few faults came up so was kinda hoping someone would know if it was 1 fault or just like you said could be anything...

anyways gone out to the car and the f***ing light is now off.
Would you take it to be checked out or just forget about it??

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Got in the car this morning and the light was on...checked the book out and it says its the:

"Diagnosis/Excess of Pollution - This pilot light lights when the ignition is switched on as a testing device and goes out after a few seconds. In case of a failure due to an excess of pollution it will start to flash."

but it dont flash its on permanent.

coil packs??

You guys think the dealer wil do it under warranty or gonna rape me beacuse the car is mapped?

All i need when im trying to sell the bloody thing!!!! arrrggghhh!!![:@]

cheers guys.

If it's coilpacks, the light does usually flash. MAF - who knows? You really need Vag-Com on it to see what it is. Anyone near to you?

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
If it's coilpacks, the light does usually flash. MAF - who knows? You really need Vag-Com on it to see what it is. Anyone near to you?

Not that i know of...
going dealers in the mornin but fingerscrossed now the light is off it will be alrite.
not much of a selling point when the "problem" light is on the dash!!:doh:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.