wot brakes to buy ?

cupra1.8t

leeroy
Nov 21, 2006
tamworth
rite got some wonga for some beefy brakes but wot ones ? wot size are standard ones on a beeza ? want to buy a complete kit ! advise would be great cheers lads.. :confused:

pdcupra

Ibiza-less
Aug 11, 2006
King's Lynn
I have brembo's - find them to be a hell of alot better than standards - obviously! Others to look out for are wilwoods, tarox and porsche brakes - all pretty good. Brembo's are available from Bill at Badger 5, search for all of the above and you will find some pretty useful posts about pro's and cons for each of them.

Cupra_joeboy

May 16, 2007
Derbyshire
bill will have something to say about this (hahaha) but i would go for the porsche set up as its trick as fook, none different to the bermbos though as i have found out, but just look great.

carlisle pete

Mar 25, 2006
i run brembo's with 305mm work a treat daily driving and on the track... although i was goin for porka ones just for the looks!

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
i seem to fade the standard cupra r 305mm discs depands how hard you are on them

porsche arnt the same as the JT brembos.....different size and the boxter brakes are mono block! i think pistons are diff size too

just depends on clerance for the porsche

cupra1.8t

leeroy
Nov 21, 2006
tamworth
yea 4 pot 300 mm discs braided flexis greenstuff pads and the discs have a billet not all one piece shud look the nuts 920 all in ,o drilled and crossed discs aswell

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members