No Joy Sellin Seat Leon Fr 2005

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
Well as the title says really been trying to sell my fr for about 3weeks now and altho had a few phone calls the car still has not sold!
i know that selling a 10K car by private sale is not easy but i honestly thought the car would have gone quickly as its inmaculate, full service etc... and its also advertised it a a silly price 10K, now down to £9500 but still no joy its now got to the point where the car is going back to the dealership as i need it gone... spoke to a few different people who have leons (r and cupra diesel and petrol) and everyone seems to have struggled to sell them or been unable to at all!. Is that cuz of people outlook on the brand SEAT??? also worth mentioning the car is advertised as standard and also few of my mates are silver and black so its not just due to the fact its ovni!
Its kinda really put me off having a SEAT again as i never had any trouble selling any of my golf gtis (even a green colour concept!!) and boy that was ugly!!LOL

SHADY-NINJA

Feb 14, 2005
London
www.airconmedic.co.uk
mate it applies to most petrol cars of different brands. especially cars within higer road tax band.
just hold on but try to give a detailed description with lots of pics.
use autotrader.co.uk
try to avoid ebay unless you want to piggybank. (piggybank=using ebay to let people see your car but not selling through ebay )

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
mate it applies to most petrol cars of different brands. especially cars within higer road tax band.
just hold on but try to give a detailed description with lots of pics.
use autotrader.co.uk
try to avoid ebay unless you want to piggybank. (piggybank=using ebay to let people see your car but not selling through ebay )

Had it on the 'trader for 2 weeks/ebay/pistonheads and local paper :rolleyes:

kinda really disappointed as IMHO the car is awesome! (thats why i bought it hehehe)
Worth mentioning for those of you who try and sell a car i had the most phone calls from pistonheads and its free to place an add.
Yeah i think you totally rite mate, looks like the future is diesel!![:@]

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Get it up on the for sale section on here if you havent already!

You seem to be asking a reasonable price for it so I guess you will just have to sit tight.

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
Get it up on the for sale section on here if you havent already!

You seem to be asking a reasonable price for it so I guess you will just have to sit tight.

cheapest 05 fr on ebay, trader or pistonheads by quite a bit, its a give away at 9500 but stil no joy...:cry:
well i got til the log book comes back from DVLA if unsld by then its going have to go back the dealers. Shame cuz to manager told me he will sell it for around the 11k mark...takes the p*ss!!!

chriswilks

Astra CDTi track car
Jun 3, 2007
warrington cheshire
JESUS!!!wish id seen it 2mths ago!!paid 9700 for my LC 2 months ago with 42k on it from dealer tho!!its like women and buses........nothing then they all come at once!!

chriswilks

Astra CDTi track car
Jun 3, 2007
warrington cheshire
im actually p*ssed off bout this!!!feel like ive been ripped off!!you would have a deal rgt now if i was looking!! if u dont get rid of it soon let me know ill sell mine and buy it off you!!!!!

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
im actually p*ssed off bout this!!!feel like ive been ripped off!!you would have a deal rgt now if i was looking!! if u dont get rid of it soon let me know ill sell mine and buy it off you!!!!!

hehe **** innit mate! be honest im surpriesed it aint gone i mean 9500 for a 05 with under 30k is a steal!!!! gutted...

Mike Green

Cupra crazy
May 4, 2007
Surrey
Sit tight - you will sell it. Just don't drop it anymore because you know the pperson next coming to buy it will offer you £9k and thats a steal.

To be honest the colour may be why its not shifting quick - a lot more people would be interested in the standard black, silver etc. Someone will come along, you'll see.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
It's coming up to the awkward time of year when people are starting to think about summer holidays.

Have you tried shopping it around garages and dealers to see what they will offer?

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
It's coming up to the awkward time of year when people are starting to think about summer holidays.

Have you tried shopping it around garages and dealers to see what they will offer?

Yeah dealers offered 9K thats what im gonna take if unsold by the time the log book comes back.
I would love to keep it for a little longer and get the money the car is worth but i just got my first mortgage and to be honest its a struggle so it has to go...:cry:

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
stick with it, found these arent really the sort of cars people buy on a whim.
generally people looking for them have decided that they want one and exactly what they want, im confident it will sell, just might take a while

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
hold on tight.

one of my old cars i sold privately, no bites for 3 weeks. then one sat had 4 people come round, sold it.

could have sold the car 4 times that day !!!!!!!!!!!!!

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Right on what Rob is said. Isnt the best time of the year as everyone is going on holiday etc...

If your car is worth the extra dont be hasty to reduce it just yet as someone will knock you down more. ALSO bit of advice, get a detailer to give it a once over and post those pics up online. Guarantee you it will make your car sell much easier!

LEON_FR

Rich Full Member
Jul 9, 2005
Stoke on Trent
well car is going back the dealers on the 27-6-07 im gutted but i need the money for the new house.
will be sad to see it go by far the best car ive ever had and the only one ive had from new...
so looks like the dealers wins again they made a fortune when they sold it 2 me and they gonna make a fortune off me again!!! oh well...
LAST ATTEMPT IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED NEW PRICE IS 9K ITS A GIVE AWAY...

motionpic.jpg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members