Anyone else replacing foglights bi-monthly???

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
As per title... Anyone having to replace smashed/broken foglights VERY frequently???

I'm getting fed-up of having to get new ones now.. thinking I might remove them altogether, not that it'll benefit me in any way with the FMIC....

Not sure if the roads I use are just naff (M3 mainly) or if I've just been unlucky. :(

I've scoured Ebay, and none available, and I'm not paying silly money from dealer.

Nevermind..... I'll keep my eyes open on here and on ebay, and i might be lucky.

Punch IT!

you fool!
Jun 22, 2007
west london
Pabs i used the M3 to get to southampton to visit friends a few weeks back and the next day i realised my passenger side fog was smashed. i knew it was a stone or some thing due to the crack its so annoying im waitng too! have not looked on ebay for a while which side fog do you need??

buff2ruff

if there the same fogs on yours as on the the 01 leon cupra i have a spare set as i have just changed my old front bumper for a LCR so had to pay £160 for new fogs!!
if your interested PM me and i'll sort'em out for you

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell
I lost my NS fog light glass on the LC within the first month of having it, driving the same roads as you much of the time. I covered the hole with Plastic cut from a disposable beer pint glass and it's survived over two years. I did the same on the other one so they looked the same visually.

It's a cheap solution, does the job and not noticeable save up close. Just replace when they get too manky. The other ones been hit a number of times but not broken . ;)

Phil K

Here's your sign
Oct 18, 2004
Surrey darling...
How much are the Cupra R ones? Noticed that my off side one had got cracked the other day :(

I also need a new screen as I have 2 stone chips - one has become a large crack right down the near side A pillar now!

All this has happened in the last 3 weeks with mixed driving round the kent stretch of the M25 and the A3 between London and Guildford... never got so many stone chips in such a short space of time - I guess the roads are at an all time bad condition!

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Managed to do 25k in less than 2 years and didn't have a scratch on mine. Just lucky I suppose.

Cupraloon

You can buy some clear sticky backed sheet for about a tenner from most motorcycle shops, which is used as paint or headlamp protector, thats what I've done on my lower lamps.

It's about 1 to 1.5 mm thick so it absorbs a lot of the impact from small flying objects...

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
I drive the correct distance from a car in front - but obviously as traffic starts to back up and slow down, you HAVE to get closer to the car in front otherwise the t*ssers from the lane next to you jump in front and leave you with about 2cms gap anyway...

I might have to try a bigger distance - but bearing in mind I do nearly 28k miles a year, I suppose it's to be expected....

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.