Mk2 to Mk4

T. Spark

Yuppy, nothing else to do imho... looks wise atleast, as its perfect!

Of course, more power is always a option, aswell as the bits to go with it.. but its no crouch as it is, under 15 second 1/4 times and 50mpg+ I like :)

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
The mk2's got a new owner in waiting. Just waiting to get my plate sorted then it can go.

Im not touching the engine :p

Wheels will be changed just to make it personal. But theres a long time to go yet as im broke :(

Just a little question, when the fuel light beeps how many miles do i have left? Will be my first fill up tomorow........must remember diesel!!

Oh and another thing, has anyone fitted an oil temp guage? It was handy on the mk2.

Triple D

i got about 60 miles when mine read 0 miles left, and that was with a 140 mph blast aswell :whistle:

Triple D

the mk4 first few had oil temp and volt meter gauges fitted to them, id also invest in a boost and EGT gauge aswell matey, its well worth it :D

Triple D

Exhaust gas temperature.
Found it very uselfull on my derv, especially as i had a hybrid turbo running high boost.

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
The fuel needle can start to go under the red before filling, it just stays there for about 30 miles - T. Spark and i found that one out last trip to Santa Pod :D

Id say 60-100 miles from the bleeper depending on driving

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Jenko, I have a boost guage sitting in the box in my boot doing nowt if its of any use....
oh, and a 'quick tip'.... watch yer bleddy left leg on the handle to move the seat back! Im forever smacking my lower calf/ankle area into it...
:)

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
That fuel lights so rude! How dare it beep that loud!!

Ill give her a fill up tonite just to be safe, must get some of that millers stuff too.

Cheers brum, ill send you over a pm at some point. I have something in my garage for you too ;)

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Its a good thing the tcs dosnt make a noise
It does on my Passat. Hard braking, hard cornering or wheelspin make the ESP beep quietly, as if to whisper "You're not really driving a Passat like it was intended, please calm down"

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members