Poor MPG

TommyCupra

Just Like That
Mar 30, 2005
West Yorks
getting around 220 miles to a tank mixed driving. Changed Lambda and MAF and getting no errors on vag com, had a search and some people said they got better mpg after replacing the coil packs? any ideas would be great

Cheers :)

ps just before anyone says anything, the above is if i drive like grandad

DavieCupraTurbo

What modifications have you made to the engine?have u had it remapped as that can affect mpg if not set up correctly or just having a remap in general?my mpg is around 20-22 in town driving but motorway driving around 33 mpg?tuned cupras have not got best return on fuel with stop start town driving but more than makes up for it when u get to boot it on a and motorway roads! im running revo remap forge recirc dumpvalve and k and n induction kit with cold air feed and breathers!

coil packs should be ok would only affect performance when on limp mode but they are a common fault on cupras!

Rick1.8t

Feb 18, 2006
I dont think i have ever got much less than 30mpg from combined driving hooning it/town/motorway.

Mines got a ptorque map and a filter, dv and bypass i can get 35-40mpg on the motorway at about 75 - 80mph.

Driving like a granny lately i have seen 38mpg round town for the last 50 miles, just to put that into perspective.

New plugs may help a little?, maybe your maps fuel hungry, maybe mine and your idea of driving like a granny are a little different!!

Rick

ian_cupra

i'd say with those mods the MPG is just fine really, i get about the same round town, on long journey get about 300 miles to tank

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
im getting 230 to a tank with revo stg 1, fmic, tip, etc etc etc so i think yours is fine....your not gonna improve it thats for sure. unless you go lpg, theres a cupra on pistonheads that had the conversion and apparantly gets 220 miles for £13??? im not sure about performance though??

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.