Got my car back (Big Turbo)

Randomman

Jan 11, 2007
Lol for a minute there I thought you said it revs up to 7400rpm...

You did, didnt you :drool:

If you could rev to 7400 in 6th, you'd be doing 281mph

(and probably still 40 mpg!)

T10HJS

From BucksVAG.net
Feb 19, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Lol for a minute there I thought you said it revs up to 7400rpm...

You did, didnt you :drool:

If you could rev to 7400 in 6th, you'd be doing 281mph

(and probably still 40 mpg!)
yes she revvs to an amazing 7450RPM and has 6 gears, i dont think the gearing in the gearbox is capable of anything over 150MPH,
how did you work out i would be doing 281mph? lol
it would be nice :D can honestly say ive never attempted a top speed run i value my licence too much, jabba got a readout of 148MPH as my max.

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
That first pic of your car from the back Mikey its stance is rockard.
Youve done pretty much everything exactly as i am wanting to do when i finally get all my accidents (none of which were even my fault) off my insurance and it goes down to a less jawdropping level except im looking at 312mm brakes too. I was gonna take the "if it breaks upgrade it" route rather than slinging it all on at once, that way the gf is less likely to notice!

I may also wait until my full warranty runs out:rolleyes:

If you dont mind me asking im guessing the full upgrade was about 5 grand mark?

Both you brothers cars and pics are awesome, id love to get the big power and the vision for the good pics

Yea mate it costed about £5,000 or the lot but trust me its worth every penny of it the car sounds amazing but not shitron chavo sound its more a sporty growl and handles like a dream i actually love the look from the back i just ordered a LCR front splitter although i'm not a huge fan will make the ront look a bit lower which is what i want.

Randomman

Jan 11, 2007
Oh right, you were talking about the petrol :doh:

I just say Mr Mikey talking about revving up to 7000, which isnt that insane for a diesel, just chronically expensive.

As for the maths, 6th gear in a 130 sport is about 38/39 mph per 1000 revs IIRC.

but, i got the wrong car! So your gearing is probably quite different. Although I think 150 is enough!

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
what would you need to do to get a diesel to rev round to that much i would love that one of the only things i don't like about diesels is that they only rev to 5000 lol

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
IMG_1985.jpg

QUOTE]

Surprised Jabba don`t remove the EGR system. Is it turned down on VAG COM do you know or haven`t Jabba done anything to it at all? Doesn`t the Forge FMIC come with alloy pipework up to EGR system ? You might want to invest in a swirl pot to stop the oil vapor going through your EGR system and lining your FMIC pipes.

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
I did ask Jabba about this as i know allards have an egr blanking plate, they said it has been mapped out now but my engine light came on so i vag-com'd it and it was some fault o do with the egr valve, do you think i should just buy the egr blanking plate from allards??? i was thinking about it but jabba said no need

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
Can I ask why you didnt insert the boost gauge adaptor on the side of the top IC pipe to allow you to fit the engine cover :) Ive had the egr turned off in my map and dont get a light - what did jabba say about removing the light

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
reason is on the top there is a flat bit and i was worried that on the bend i wouldn't get an airtight seat whereas on the flat bit i could but i do regret it now looks stupid without engine cover lol.

Jabba said no need to remove it as they map it out anyway thats all he said i just said ok well saved £50 plus fitting, but i'm waiting to hear what devonmikeyboy says wether i should remove it still i don't mind its only £50 lol

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Jabba said no need to remove it as they map it out anyway thats all he said i just said ok well saved £50 plus fitting, but i'm waiting to hear what devonmikeyboy says wether i should remove it still i don't mind its only £50 lol

Don`t remove it just because i say so it`s your car at the end of the day. Removing it will bring up a fault code and engine warning light which can be a really annoy some people unless Jabba know how to remove the fault code that is through mapping. I have never seen any tests before and after removing the EGR so i guess it is a personal sort of thing. If your not going to push for all out power and be happy with 220-230bhp then i doudt there is any real noticable difference power wise with it there or not plus if it is going to have your engine warning light on perminately you will need to keep your old EGR system so as to refit it when you want to sell the car. So the answerr is no i wouldn`t bother really to tell the truth as it seems more trouble then it`s worth to me really as it can be turned down with VAG COM with no problems.

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
exactly what i was thinking mate if its turned off with vag-com then why remove it i would if someone said i was going to gain something from it but if not then why bother lol, so whats the next step for me then mate?? what else could i do to get more power without going for nos or propane??

T10HJS

From BucksVAG.net
Feb 19, 2007
Buckinghamshire
exactly what i was thinking mate if its turned off with vag-com then why remove it i would if someone said i was going to gain something from it but if not then why bother lol, so whats the next step for me then mate?? what else could i do to get more power without going for nos or propane??

lol you havent even got the extra power from jabba yet and your still out there looking for ways to make her faster, your madder than i thought mate.

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
If you want more power you need to add more fuel so it`s either uprated injectors or propane injection with bigger turbo, or you could try a race cam from Allards and get it remapped but how much difference you would see i wouldn`t like to say. Miguel who writes the maps for Allards has started to map PD130/150/160 cars to 260-270 bhp on standard injectors apparently over in his home country Portagul but what he does to get that power i haven`t been able to find out yet.

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
well i definatly won't be going for a bigger turbo as i just forked out £2000 for this one also am i right in saying the bigger you go the more lag your going to get? also i use this car everyday and normally do about 800miles a week so have to keep it usable, i really don't like the idea of propane and nos partly because i don't understand it and partly because i would be to worried of something going wrong, i have been told cams aren't a great help and power gains would be minimal but i'm only going on what i have been told, i would love to get mine revving to 6000rpm

Poverty

Alot of you guys have big power cars these days. Thats what I love about us ibiza boys. Unlike the polo forum which is mainly cosmetic mods orientated.

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
haha to be honest i'm so glad i did it now i was umming and arring wether to buy a buy to let property and put the money down as deposit or make the car faster and longterm obviously the house would have been a better option but short term the big turbo pisses all over the house or flat lol anyway i will just start saving for the investment again. But i'm one of those people i'm never pleased so i'm sure i will be spending quite a bit more on the biza in the next few months and i have a backup fund incase anything goes wrong which i think is important because you never know lol