Picked up my LC yesterday

Skii

Jul 14, 2007
Slough
Its an 02 plate 20VT

Lg237729-03.jpg

So far I'm very pleased, the 6th gear is fantastic, 80 mph on the M3 and my revs are hovering around 3k - wonderful :D seems a lot more planted and solid than my old Mk4 Golf in the corners, very little body roll, much nicer to drive.
Folding mirrors is a nice little feature, especially as I park on a road during working hours, the standard HU and 6-cd player isn't bad at all either.

2 niggly things - grrr at my dealer - when I bought the car it had 'computer' listed in the spec, there is definately no trip computer on this car, not a huge deal but slightly dissapointing, also my exhaust backbox seems excessively rusty for an 02 plate, again not a biggie but on the 'to-do list'

Overall I'm pleased, and its definately a keeper :thumbup:

Cupraloon

New 20VT

Looking good.....

Got a towbar Eh, thats what i need on mine, for my bike trailer..

Oh nearly forgot Red ones are faster you know.... ;)

HT02_07-07-07.jpg

Cupraloon

Why did you buy a burgundy one then??:whistle:;)

And anyway blues quicker.......

Back on topic tho, thats a nice car mate enjoy it :)

it is red honest... it's just very, very dirty at the moment..... :roflmao:

Skii

Jul 14, 2007
Slough
Yeah the Towbar is not exactly ideal, might take that off at some point, and deal with the 'orrible hole thats left.

I discovered a bigger problem today which I hadn't picked up on when I first looked at the car - wet rear footwells... :(

Well I've done all the necessary reading and I guess I have a a job to do over the next week !

cheers chaps

John

Skii

Jul 14, 2007
Slough
oooh nice wheels Beowulf - they are the Golf GTi ones right ?

Well I just spent the morning with all my door panels off re-sealing the door seals with generous amounts of silicone sealant, and a fan heater is currently on maximum pointed down at my rear footwells...

still, I'm happy with the job, hopefully no more squelchy footwells and 'orrible smells eh !?!

cheers chaps

John

BEOWULF

I am BEOWULF !!!
Mar 18, 2006
I AM IN FRONT OF YOU
oooh nice wheels Beowulf - they are the Golf GTi ones right ?

Well I just spent the morning with all my door panels off re-sealing the door seals with generous amounts of silicone sealant, and a fan heater is currently on maximum pointed down at my rear footwells...

still, I'm happy with the job, hopefully no more squelchy footwells and 'orrible smells eh !?!

cheers chaps

John
yer Skii golf mk5 gti wheels are you sure your door seals ok mate.
hope all your hard work pays of but with all the rain we are haveing you will soon find out

Skii

Jul 14, 2007
Slough
yer Skii golf mk5 gti wheels are you sure your door seals ok mate.
hope all your hard work pays of but with all the rain we are haveing you will soon find out

Thought so - they look fantastic, they really suit the car.

Well after a downpour last night My rear footwells are bone dry, but the front footwell seemed a little damp - I'm pretty sure its the residual water from before, anyway the car is sitting in the sun with all the windows open, I'm pretty sure I've sorted it, just got to get the damp smell out now :)

cheers

John

TimBarratt

Oct 6, 2004
Blandford
Thought so - they look fantastic, they really suit the car.

Well after a downpour last night My rear footwells are bone dry, but the front footwell seemed a little damp - I'm pretty sure its the residual water from before, anyway the car is sitting in the sun with all the windows open, I'm pretty sure I've sorted it, just got to get the damp smell out now :)

cheers

John

Could be the pollen filter, it can leak into the passenger footwell if it isn't put back properly. I thought that all Cupra's came with trip computers?

Skii

Jul 14, 2007
Slough
Could be the pollen filter, it can leak into the passenger footwell if it isn't put back properly. I thought that all Cupra's came with trip computers?

not this one :( -

anyhoo - the pollen filter sees to be fitted ok, its a little vague in how it fits in, also whoever replaced it last broke off the fixing screws so its a bugger to take off , the rubber cover is fully covering it, the little plastic plate it secured over the front of the filter ok, and the drainage channel seems clear and ok.

cheers for the tip anyway, time will tell I guess !

John

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.