Aqumist location

smiler220

rollin at 220 want more!
Oct 16, 2006
Bournemouth
Probably asked before but could not find on search:help:. Looking for advise on were best to locate my recently aqiured aquamist system!! And were have you tapped into on the cooler pipe. Top Middle or Bottom:lol:

Pics would be good.

Thanks Guys

Rick1.8t

Feb 18, 2006
I know its slightly off topic, but has anybody tried aquamist on a standard SMIC? If so were the gains worthwhile?

Rick

jsparks

i tried aquamist on a SMIC as a test, and was hitting temperatures that a normal FMIC does.

With a FMIC you will see very low 10's and very low 20's in very hot weather max.

Mount the jet as close to the outlet of the itnercooler as possible, to allow the spray pattern to mix with the air before it hits your throttle body. Start with the 0.5mm jet and work your way up depending on timing pull etc.

Also dont use just water on its own, it will lean your AF ratio, ensure you use pure methanol 50/50 mix.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
i tried aquamist on a SMIC as a test, and was hitting temperatures that a normal FMIC does.

With a FMIC you will see very low 10's and very low 20's in very hot weather max.

Mount the jet as close to the outlet of the itnercooler as possible, to allow the spray pattern to mix with the air before it hits your throttle body. Start with the 0.5mm jet and work your way up depending on timing pull etc.

Also dont use just water on its own, it will lean your AF ratio, ensure you use pure methanol 50/50 mix.

50/50 is a very strong mix...
you sure?

I run 10-15% max....

jsparks

well i'm going from what alot of peopel in the states advised me, they see good gains from the 50/50 mix, and i wanted max gains, not too bothered about temps as they were around 16oC. So i mixed up for that.

The 50/50 mix enabled me to push 4 degrees more timing and see 0's all the way to the redline in CF's.

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
i ran a 50/50 mix. AFR were still fine and 50/50 let me run a couple degree more timing

cupra_matt

Audi Technician
Dec 15, 2004
Carlisle
Nope, not 50/50 no way.

I ran mine at 15 - 20% mix and when on the rollers the air fuel was a fair bit richer with it on, which doesn't help.

jsparks

each to their own :) i found my AFR to be sport on, high 12's, low 13's.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.