Just bought Ibiza Cupra!

Deleted member 22032

Hi people, i have recently bought an Ibiza Cupra 1.8 20v T! I'm new to this forum and i've a read a few topics on here and the advice you guys hand out seems pretty genuine! This is the first turbo ive owned and im looking to tune it a bit and dont really know where to start!! Any advice? Another thing is how have some of you guys got about getting a sub and amp wired up?

GeorgeF

VW Tech
May 21, 2007
Essex
sky is the limit dude. start wiv a gd recirc/ blow off valve, filter exhaust chip coilovers, and so on. just read througfh and sure u will get some ideas

cupra_matt

Audi Technician
Dec 15, 2004
Carlisle
Best thing to do first off is to get it remapped, it makes a huge difference to a standard car.

These things are so tunable, its great fun.

Hope you have a long and happy CUPRA ownership.

Loko

Oct 27, 2006
I ain't telling you thief!
Welcome to the forum chap.

Lots of helpful and knowledgable people here, just make sure you use the search functionality or you'll have Mork on your ass! :D

If I were you:

1. A decent set of tyres all round. Goodyear F1's are a popular choice and my favourites. I'm currently on P Zero Nero's all round, the new Assimetrico tyre is very good I think. I'm loving my new set!
2. 15 or 17 mm hubcentric spacers on the back.
3. Brembo elliptical grooved discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads for the front from Badger 5 here on the forum (OEM discs and pads on the rear are fine). Oh and Motul RBF600 brake fluid is top stuff, stick with it, I'll swear by it.
4. Forge recirculating blow-off valve.
5. ECU remap. Lots of choice here. Revo, P-Torque, Custom are all good choices, everyone has their favourite. Test drive a car if you can is my recommendation to see if you prefer a progressive map or a kick up the behind type map.
6. Uprated antiroll bars, again several choices. Have a search. These make a great imrpovement.
7. Suspension, again several choices. Seat Sport kit is a good starting point.

The list is endless. Everyone here has different opinions. Many run similar set-ups. A bit like Pringles, once you pop you can't stop... :happy:

Happy driving.

Last edited:

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Remap is the best £ for bhp mod to do 1st, it will surprise you the difference it makes, good for 40bhp extra:)

I see by your avatar you have gone to the Yellow side, wise choice my friend ;)

Loko

Oct 27, 2006
I ain't telling you thief!
I dont mean to be rude loko, but ive just read your signature! Are you on crack? :D

Erm no I'm not on crack...I'm a martial artist...empty your mind...

ECU remap is best bhp/£ mod, however power is nothing without control. Many would recommend tinkering with brakes and handling before you go for the extra power. It's up to you, whether you're a go fast in a straight line man or a proper driver that likes the twisty stuff. ;)

Deleted member 22032

I see by your avatar you have gone to the Yellow side, wise choice my friend ;)

It had to be done!! last car was black and also a b**** to keep clean! Shows any dirt!

How much roughly is a remap goin to cost?? I have got a local Revo dealer, after hearing good things will probably go to them!!

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
It had to be done!! last car was black and also a b**** to keep clean! Shows any dirt!

How much roughly is a remap goin to cost?? I have got a local Revo dealer, after hearing good things will probably go to them!!

rEMAPS CAN BE ANYTHING BETWEEN £250 - £500 Depending on who you go with.

Revo is about £400 IIRC, I have P-Torque remap on mine which I paid £250, price has gone p a bit now for P-Torque. I got it cheap as they were new boys in the game at the time.

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
Oh by the way, you might consider buying some shares in Bremi.

That's the manufacturer of the VAG coilpacks. Expect to go through a bunch of those...

and MAF,s as well ive had two cupras my 1st was onvi yellow had that for two years n had 3 mafs

ive had my arctic grey one now for two months n the bloody maf has just gone[:@]

Essex_Cupra

May 14, 2004
My List even though I don't own a cupra anymore :(

I'd say get the small bits that make a big difference and a re-map

1. 15 or 17 mm spacers on the back! DO IT NOW!
2. Forge recirculating blow-off valve/ or DV007P.
3. Strut Brace - From SEAT
4. Leon Cupra R Splitter - From SEAT
5. ECU remap - Depends on what mods you plan for the future! If your going to uprate the turbo etc.. i'd go with Jabba .. if not any other map will put a big smile on your face!
6. Seat Sport kit - Anything is better than standard it seems!
7. Jabba/Forge Intercooler

Then when your looking to replace the exhaust from the turboback you could go for a ko3s at the same time!

:( Missing my cupra!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.