In need of a decent wax

D3DNA

May 14, 2006
Cov
Far from the norm this summer i've only been able to clean the car 3 times to the normal 60. Because the weather has been bad and my car being black you can imagine the state it was in when I quickly cleaned it on sunday.
I'm asking for any recommendations for a wax as this week i've got the time, weather permitting to do a full detail using the PC and need a decent, long lasting wax. Has anyone got suggestions.

Prices upto £30-40

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
For the money, I'd try two products.

Once polished, use Chemical Guys Blitz sealant first, then top it off with CG 50/50 paste wax, or CG Pete's 53. The beauty of Blitz is that unlike other sealants, it contains carnuba so will bond on top of a wax, meaning you can top it up regularly to extend the life of the wax. It looks great after an application, and is pretty much a wipe on wipe off product, so takes 15 minutes to do the whole car after washing. You should be able to get both for £40 delivered.

Mike Green

Cupra crazy
May 4, 2007
Surrey
I have recently bought Platinum turtle wax - it is obviously a cheaper alternative but for £10 and it includes carnuba the results are quite good. Fantastic beading nearly a month after i last used it!

There are obviously much more expensive tried and tested ones, but when everyone has their own opinion i like to try my own and find one i like.

D3DNA

May 14, 2006
Cov
For the money, I'd try two products.

Once polished, use Chemical Guys Blitz sealant first, then top it off with CG 50/50 paste wax, or CG Pete's 53. The beauty of Blitz is that unlike other sealants, it contains carnuba so will bond on top of a wax, meaning you can top it up regularly to extend the life of the wax. It looks great after an application, and is pretty much a wipe on wipe off product, so takes 15 minutes to do the whole car after washing. You should be able to get both for £40 delivered.

Cheers I might try that.

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
im with reg on this.

the chemical guys products are so easy to use and do give great results. also collinite 476 is super durable and has lasted 6months+ on my mums KA

Deleted member 19188

My Ibiza is black metallic and I've been using CG Wet look mirror sealant and CG XXX Hard core wax. It really makes the flake in the paint stand out and I think, they make a wonderful combination and tend to last quite a while.
The car was looking a bit dusty last night after two weeks in the garage (holidays), so I came it a quick one over with Megs quik detailer and it's came up looking wonderful again.

ikhlaq206

Its all about the .:R
Jul 25, 2006
YEP

Victoria Concours wax

Chemical Guys XXX wax paste

Petes 53

in that order alot of people use P21s but the above waxes are better
have used Natty Blue paste and thats good as well for the price but save yourself the searching through the forum, as i've searched many other detailing forums and Victoria Concours come out on top! :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise