Zymol Cleaner Wax - 3 Weeks On

Fishy

May 16, 2005
Here's a couple of pics of my car this morning. Please remember that I used it as a daily driver into London and it hasnt been cleaned since waxed.

Roof
IMG_0827a.jpg

Bonnet
IMG_08291.jpg

I dont think its that bad. ;)

Fish

Neil_Ireland

Leon Cupra
Apr 27, 2006
Dublin
Zymol cleaner wax is ok, it's actually made by turtlewax. For durability try collinite 476 or chemicalguys jetseal 109.

Neil.

jonnie5

Seat Leon FR+
Mar 14, 2007
Rosyth
it does put a long lasting protection on even longer than autoglym extra gloss protection but apart from that it smells good.

Fishy

May 16, 2005
I did half the car in Autoglym Resign Polish and the other half in Zymol, the resign went off after about a week and a half, where as this is still fairly strong.

Fish

Neil_Ireland

Leon Cupra
Apr 27, 2006
Dublin
I did half the car in Autoglym Resign Polish and the other half in Zymol, the resign went off after about a week and a half, where as this is still fairly strong.

Fish

Thats because super resin polish is not a last step product, it's a paint polish that has fillers to mask swirl marks/scratches. You need to add a wax or sealant after super resin polish for durability.
Do the whole car with super resin, this will hide any of the minor scratches and swirls and then use your zymol after on the whole car :)

Neil.

Fishy

May 16, 2005
But the Zymol is a cleaner wax, so wouldnt this remove it?

Fish

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
One or the other, not both. Use Extra Gloss Protection after the SRP, layered a couple of times, for excellent durability.

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
The beads arnt too bad, quite big, but most of thats down to the surface dirt affecting how tight the surface tension is.

Once washed, the beads will become tighter than shown.

I had similar sized ones on mine after 3 wks of no washing, & that had Collinite 915 over Jetseal109 on it

Jan 1, 2007
Retford, Notts
My Collinite 476 does not last very long, and I have about 4 coats. I think I need some sort of rotary / buffer to apply the wax and buff off, its too hard by hand, perhaps I need to warm the wax up first?

Neil_Ireland

Leon Cupra
Apr 27, 2006
Dublin
My Collinite 476 does not last very long, and I have about 4 coats. I think I need some sort of rotary / buffer to apply the wax and buff off, its too hard by hand, perhaps I need to warm the wax up first?

Try using a damp foam applicator, the wax needs to be applied thin, for more durability add another layer. I find 476 very good, I use it for the winter months.

Neil.

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Beno, as Neil says, Collinite 476s should be lasting a long long time. I got a genuine 6 months of very prominent beading on both my cars, used daily in the winter grime, parked outside too. I don't add more than 2 layers either.

You don't need a machine, or to warm the wax (even in the dead of winter) just a foam applicator pad. Put it flat into the tin, twist with a little pressure, then put it on the panel and move the applicator in small tight circles. You'll be able to see the wax on the panel, and it will go a long way before you need to reload the pad. Once you've done the whole car, it should be very easy to buff off, pretty much one wipe if you've applied it thin enough.

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
The beads arnt too bad, quite big, but most of thats down to the surface dirt affecting how tight the surface tension is.

Once washed, the beads will become tighter than shown.

I had similar sized ones on mine after 3 wks of no washing, & that had Collinite 915 over Jetseal109 on it

What's the Jetseal like to apply and remove? Is it a shade only job?

I ask as I really struggle for shade at car washing time where I live.

HarveyGTI

Think the problem is that I am applying it too much, I have used 3/4 of a tin since Feb.

Trouble is buffing it off, it kills my arm, so probably am putting too much on.

no you just polish like a girl:p:lol:

no i too was like you, putting loads on, half way round the car my arm was killing, till i learnt that you only need to apply a very thin layer and not cake it onto the car, easier to wipe on and off and also your supply of wax lasts longer

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Jetseal can be used anywhere mate, stick it on a baking hot panel in the sun for half an hour and it still wipes off soooooo easily. Products like that are a god send for us pro's when your location might not always be ideal!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members