Anyone else using OEM wheels on their car (from a different model!)

feenster

Hi all,
I'm looking at replacing the alloys on my Platinum Grey Cupra TDI (the "older" style alloys, not the FR ones). I want to keep it looking OEM, so am looking at wheels from other cars in the VAG group.

Thus far, the optoins are:
VW Santa Monica

Audi S3

Audi TT

I'm after something smooth, fairly simple, and OEM looking. I want to stay at 17", and would really like something black or grey if possible. Any thoughts? Anyone got any of the above on their Leon?

Matt

Jan 19, 2006
fife, scotland
aye me mate, vw golf r32 omynyt, brand new just out, 18s but only 750 quid with falken fk452s

DSC00007.jpg

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
I had the TT wheels on my old Ibiza and they weighed a ton. They looked good, but didn't half affect the accelleration. So much so that I replaced them with the Seat Sport Oz's.

feenster

They look cracking. Really suit the car. Think they are a bit expensive for me though, looking at picking some up for a few hundred quid at most.

Matt

sixsr

Jun 18, 2006
RS6s look nice, I was very tempted to buy a cupra as someone locally was selling a set of 19" Black powder coated new style RS4 Alloys.

Leon.SJ

Naturally aspirated...
Oct 16, 2006
South Bucks.
I really like the Santa Monicas, was considering those for my car. The authentic V-dub items are REALLY expensive so replicas are probably your best bet. If you want an individual look, I'd steer clear of RS6s and the old style RS4s cos everyone has them; the S3/TT/new RS4 ones aren't as common.

tedvagas

Nov 5, 2006
cleveland
I really like the Santa Monicas, was considering those for my car. The authentic V-dub items are REALLY expensive so replicas are probably your best bet. If you want an individual look, I'd steer clear of RS6s and the old style RS4s cos everyone has them; the S3/TT/new RS4 ones aren't as common.

leon sj do you have any front end pics with the lcr spliter fitted to your se as my partner has just bought one (se110tdi) and i was wondering what it would look like with one on:)

Leon.SJ

Naturally aspirated...
Oct 16, 2006
South Bucks.
leon sj do you have any front end pics with the lcr spliter fitted to your se as my partner has just bought one (se110tdi) and i was wondering what it would look like with one on:)

Haha, I keep getting asked that in the middle of other threads about completely different topics! Have a look in this thread, there's a few pics of mine and some of Cupraloon's too http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=119458

tompotts

Touch me in the morning!
Mar 17, 2007
Yeah I was just wandering, as they are the wheels Im looking at getting myself. Wasnt quite sure until I saw the picture and I have a black pre facelift myself and am now totally sold on them, the size in the picture fits the arch lovely aswell, so wanted to see what size they are so not to be disappointed when i get my own.

tompotts

Touch me in the morning!
Mar 17, 2007
Nice one, cheers smart! Hope you dont mind me getting the same wheels mate

tompotts

Touch me in the morning!
Mar 17, 2007
haha! Busted already! I had just got my tracksuit and trolley jack ready and everything!

Cheers mate, theres a guy on ebay selling them for 499 with tyres, so thats the route ill be taking, after the timing belt and 60k service.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.