Meguiars 3 Stage Cleaning/Polish & Wax

Cupraloon

I've spent the best part of 5 hours this afternoon washing, drying and cleaning my lc using Meguiars 3 stage cleaning/polish and carnuba wax treatment's I've never used this stuff before and after reading somewhere else about how good it is, thought i'd give it a go,and all i can say is WOW..... bloody awesome finish, and probably 80% better than Autoglym, with no nasty chalky residue afterwards.

It's a 3 stage process, the first bottle is a paint cleaner, which you wipe on using one of Meguiars application sponges, which you have to polish off before it dry's

Stage 2 is the polish, which seems to have a mild abrasive quailty, wipe it on again with an applicator, and polish off immediatly, after this stage the car looked amazing already without the final carnuba wax layer.

Stage 3 is the carnuba wax, which you again wipe on and leave to dry, then using a Meguairs Terry Towel again not cheap but really excellent at polishing off, wax...

Stage 4.... stand back and admire..... :D :D

I used to do car valeting as a job many years ago, and I've never seen such a deep shine on any car before useing this Meguiars stuff, it isn't cheap the 3 stage stuff cost's about £7-8 per bottle so a tad under £25.00 for the 3; but amazing, I'm seriously impressed with this stuff..

I also bought a new Halfords own fur cleaning mitt, which is very soft and fluffy and doesn't scratch the paint like my old one probably did.

These are a few pic's I took after finishing the whole car today, but they really don't do it justice i'm affraid, you'd really have to see the before and after car in the flesh.... it really does look like a new car now...... :D:D

09-07-2007_meguiars-polish_04.jpg

09-07-2007_meguiars-polish_03.jpg

09-07-2007_meguiars-polish_02.jpg

09-07-2007_meguiars-polish_01.jpg

I'm certainly going to try some of their other cleaning products, I'm well impressed,
Well knock me down with cleaning a mitt....

Last edited by a moderator:

f0ggy

Looks good might give this stuff a go.

Did you use the Meguiars Scratch X?? My car has lots of swirl makes on it, the car is only 10 months old and i think the swirl marks are from that buffered it in the garage.

Did the steps you used get swirl marks off???

Cheers

Cupraloon

Tbh, my lc didn't really have bad swirl marks, the right hand side was only re-sprayed about 4 months ago, and left hand side was the worst and the 3 stage brought that up well enough, so i didn't try the Scratch X which isn't say i won't in the future.

Whant i'd say is try the 3 stage cos the 2nd stage does have a mild cutting property to it, which did take out some of the small marks ok, then if you feel it's not done the trick, try some Scratch X.

I still have some bird poo marks which i just cannot seem to eradicate, so i might get some and see if that works.

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Ive got this 3 stage meguiars and it is the dogs danglies, but very very time consuming hence why ive only ever done it once.

Im surprised you managed to get it done in 5hrs, it took me a whole saturday 8am to about 7pm to get mine sparkling.

1st 3-4hrs were just cleaning the car/wheels/windows and interior before i even got anywhere near the 3 stage.

Looking good mate :)

f0ggy

I just called Meguiars up and the guy there was really helpful.

He suggested that I try the Scratch X followed by NXT Tech Polish/wax. But he also so said that if a buffing machine has made the swirl marks then it's more than likely I will need a machine to take them away again.:(

I'm going to nip into Halfords on the way home and see what they have in. Then it looks like i'm going to have a busy weekend. I'm a bit worried it's going to be a bit hot for waxing and polishing. But i'll give it a go.

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Glad you are pleased with all your hard work, that colour is stunning.

Just one thing though, the main reason it looks so deep is because of the Stage 2. Its not actually a polish at all, it contains no abrasives. What it is however, is a very heavy oily glaze which helps to cover the marks, whilst adding depth and wetness to the paint.

Keep topping the wax up very regularly, its not known for its durability.

Cupraloon

Glad you are pleased with all your hard work, that colour is stunning.

Just one thing though, the main reason it looks so deep is because of the Stage 2. Its not actually a polish at all, it contains no abrasives. What it is however, is a very heavy oily glaze which helps to cover the marks, whilst adding depth and wetness to the paint.

Keep topping the wax up very regularly, its not known for its durability.

Thats intersting, cos it felt like it was cutting the paint when i did it, but having looked at the Meguairs web site it doesn't say anything about cutting properties... oh well you live and learn.. :D

This is what the Meguiars blerb says about stage 2

Apply a panel at a time and remove before fully dry. This product is not a wax and doesn’t cut – it is a pure polish that conditions and nourishes the paint and is the secret to creating an awesome, deep, wet-look shine.

Cupraloon

Ive got this 3 stage meguiars and it is the dogs danglies, but very very time consuming hence why ive only ever done it once.

Im surprised you managed to get it done in 5hrs, it took me a whole saturday 8am to about 7pm to get mine sparkling.

1st 3-4hrs were just cleaning the car/wheels/windows and interior before i even got anywhere near the 3 stage.

Looking good mate :)

Cheers fella, i'm happy enough with it... :D Yeah i don't know why it took me only 5 hours, but i startted about midday and finished a little after 5pm, maybe it's cos the car gets washed almost weekly perhaps thats the difference and polished once a month-ish at least since about march time it has, maybe thats helped to make it slightly easier... :shrug:

I was looking at maintenance wax's today on the Meguairs site any one got any recommendation which is the best for longevity..

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.