Aero Wiper Upgrade Set

keaney

Jul 20, 2003
Cardiff ,Wales
Visit site
Hi all,called into my local VW dealers this afternoon to order a set of golf areo wipers willing to splash the £90 odd quid the arms and blades cost when the kid in the parts department gave me just a set of blades. He said they are a new upgrade kit that takes away the need for the arms as they have the same fitment (the hooped end) that leons have so it was a simple 2min job to change them over,easy as! and a bargin £27ish.
I had a little search on here and didnt find any posts about these,feel free not to :rifle: if i missed it. Anyway order number for them is 1J2 998 002 CONVERSION. Well worth doing,i have tryed them already and they are so much better than the SEAT ones.

keaney

Jul 20, 2003
Cardiff ,Wales
Visit site
Sorry no pics at the mo,my pc is down. They are just the same as golf ones but using the O.E seat arms. If anyone has a pic of there mk 5 golf areos please put them up. Pabs has a pic on his site,they are the same as that.

keaney

Jul 20, 2003
Cardiff ,Wales
Visit site
I went with the golf ones after having no end of trouble with any other type i fitted lifting at motorway speeds,iam hopeful this will be sorted out now with these. The set ive just taken off were the same Bosch ones you have gone for rich,the drivers one just did not clear the water. Same as alot of things on leons,i guess we all seem to get different results from car to car.

DANNY H

Mar 27, 2006
Ipswich
We had a flier come through for this at work. There are upgrade kits available for most of the VW recent range. Got some on order myself as they do just clip on to your existing arms-great idea!

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
ive had my 2nd set, put them on before i went to america, less than 2 months ago
and they are yellow already

they just change with the sun
useless, they are nowhere near changing!
the yellow boxes just BUG YOU

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Is the word CONVERSION part of the code?

As they are showing in the local VW 1J2 998 002 in stock but have to order them in. They are £23 though.?

PS Two VW dealerships have now said CONVERSION comes up on the screen when the part number is entered and no description although the second guy said 'It's not wiper blades by any chance, is it?'. I have ordered a set anyway under no obligation to take them :)

Last edited:

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
I take it these are the correct lengths? I have the Renault ones and they're different sizes from the standard 19 and 21 inch blades.

Last edited:

keaney

Jul 20, 2003
Cardiff ,Wales
Visit site
Let me try and clear a few things up,first off they do have those yellow stickers on but iam sure they will pull off. As for the size of them they are spot on,no need to cut them,move the wiper arm,nothing like that just straight on to O.E SEAT arms . The CONVERSION is in the part number/description box thats why i listed it,plus the fella in parts typed it into his computer when he ordered it. Have i missed anything? I gave them a good test today,at about a ton on a private road [B)],they didnt lift or smear just wiped the water clean off,its sad really that iam so happy that i now have wipers that work right :funk:

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Got and fitted mine today. £23.59.

Bit fiddly to fit but easy enough. Look good. I'll post pics later on when at home.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.