Creaking front drivers seat

QuinnDexter

Hello.

I've got an issue with my front drivers side seat. For some unknown reason it's started creaking and squeaking, especially when Im going over bumps..etc

The seat is the standard Cupra R version and its beginning to get on my boobs.

Anyone got any ideas what maybe causing it?

Cheers

QuinnDexter

I think I've fixed it. The creaking is coming from the seat height mechanism and can be eliminated by lowering the seat to the floor and then re-setting the it back to the height you had it. Very odd but satisfying :D

TimBarratt

Oct 6, 2004
Blandford
I think I've fixed it. The creaking is coming from the seat height mechanism and can be eliminated by lowering the seat to the floor and then re-setting the it back to the height you had it. Very odd but satisfying :D

I tried that but it comes back again in a few days. Guess you just have to keep doing it. Anyone managed to solve it permanently?

QuinnDexter

I guess WD40 is an option. Stopping eating burgers isn't :D

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire

so your telling me you dont have it set right to the minimum height.
Im only 5ft 8 and i struggle to fit comfortably under any less.
If i put it any higher the posture is all wrong

TimBarratt

Oct 6, 2004
Blandford
Mine seems to be getting worse. I used to be able to fix it by taking it all the way up or down. But now it creaks no matter what height its at. Anyone got a solution?

QuinnDexter

I'm going to look at removing height and incline controls to see if they are the cause. Might just need some WD40 somewhere. Mine now creaks after a while but goes when the seat is lowered....etc. Will keep you posted on what I find out.

QuinnDexter

Well. The squeak is back. I'm guessing it's just that the seats squeak after a while. Pain in the arse.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members