Wiring Amps.

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
HELPP!!!!!

ok m cars in pieces but not enough obviously.

I need to know the routes people have wired there amps and how they have taken them this route.

So far i have the passenger speaker wire run.

ok bits im having problems with

1. Where do i run the power cable it cant go down the left hand side cause the speaker wire is there so where does it go?

2. Does it harm my car to remove the negative for long periods.

3. How do i remove the platic bit behind the accelerator pedal to get the speaker cable out of the drivers door.

4. Where to i run the audio from the back of the HU to the back of the car i cant see how to even get it out the centre consol.

5. Where can i get some 4awg im running 1 110wrms amp and 1 260wrms amp off this and they sent me a 10awg wiring kit!!!!!!!

6. Is it worth getting it installed professionaly ive nearly had enough of ripping my car to pieces.

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
If you can't do it, then yes, get it done by a pro!

but last time i went the place i went to wanted £60 to install a head unit :O

I installed stuff in my corsa but that was much erm.,... easier to pull apart (craply built)

Do you know anywhere i can get it done in reading?

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
HELPP!!!!!

ok m cars in pieces but not enough obviously.

I need to know the routes people have wired there amps and how they have taken them this route.

So far i have the passenger speaker wire run.

ok bits im having problems with

1. Where do i run the power cable it cant go down the left hand side cause the speaker wire is there so where does it go?

2. Does it harm my car to remove the negative for long periods.

3. How do i remove the platic bit behind the accelerator pedal to get the speaker cable out of the drivers door.

4. Where to i run the audio from the back of the HU to the back of the car i cant see how to even get it out the centre consol.

5. Where can i get some 4awg im running 1 110wrms amp and 1 260wrms amp off this and they sent me a 10awg wiring kit!!!!!!!

6. Is it worth getting it installed professionaly ive nearly had enough of ripping my car to pieces.

If you're having trouble taking out the HU I would just take it to a garage - running the power cable, especially the thick stuff, can be a real bitch.

Because I had all the cables ready my local car audio place charged me £80 (and I always seem to throw work their way), although around £100 is pretty reasonable.

swissrebel

May 17, 2007
Always best to get it done by a pro if you've got this many questions. You may well get all those wires tucked in, and everything looking neat - but if something's electrically wrong, you're gonna chance actually damaging your system.

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
There will be nothing wrong electricly. Im just making sure that if i disconnect my negative for long periods of time. Im not going to reset my millage or something stupid.

I am very apt at running cables as I am in the process of getting a 7 year degree in microlectronic engineering.

All im asking for is a little help in removing my panels, Im definatly not paying £80 to get it done.

Benny

Jun 17, 2007
Bradford
i managed to get my power cable running through with the main wireing loom and the speaker cables etc tucked under the trimming. Not really difficult at all once you get the power cable through.

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
yeah i foudn the gromit in the engine bay (had to remove the Air filter) but its definatly there just got to work out how to remove the glove box and i reckon id get it through.

For the benefit of not making me look stupid the only problem i have with my hu is that i lost the removal tools :lol: :(

but its out and fine. as is alot of things.

Jazzy_Cupra

I did mine last week with 0 guage man it was a nightmare but managed to do it successfully in the end and the cars now sounding great. If you have any further questions just pm me dude and i will do my very best to help. It is the hardest car ive ever done but its not impossible.