more help again...

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
ive got some cash available and want to do some more work on my Leon Cupra R...

Previously i did my ibiza cupra with:

clay bar and lube
Autoglym SRP and EGM and it is mint...but i want to go one better with my leon cupra r...

Any suggestions?

Clay it again and then what?

Rich

Sisson

Club member
Aug 18, 2005
Derbyshire
2 bucket method with mitts
waffle weave/microfibre dry
clay
rinse + dry again
AG srp if you want the swirls filled OR Menzerna 3.02 by hand, but it will be hard work

Followed up with Meguiars #7 show car glaze or Chemical guys Jetseal109

Then topped off with Victoria concours or Chemical guys 50/50 or even collinite 476 if you want durability

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
Don't forget to dress the tyres and sealant the wheels as well as cleaning up glass and mirrors. I normally finish off the glass with some rainex/rain away as the water beads off like it will with waxed paint.
Hope you get some pics up when it's done.

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
yeah i already do the glass and mirrors with some normal cleaner and then rainex it.....

great stuff, cheers gents :)

thanks sisson - wheres the best place online to get the stuff after the AG that you mention?

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
The only thing wrong with RainX is the total lash some people manage to make of applying it. Follow the instructions to the letter and you get a crystal clear smear free finish that repels water like mad - how can that be rubbish?

Don't follow the instructions though and you'll end up with a smeary mess...

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
The only thing wrong with RainX is the total lash some people manage to make of applying it. Follow the instructions to the letter and you get a crystal clear smear free finish that repels water like mad - how can that be rubbish?

Don't follow the instructions though and you'll end up with a smeary mess...

Exactly. ;)

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
i find my wipers dont work very well once rainx is on my windshield, ( i have aerotwins ). once i took the rainx off, they work brilliantly.

daveyonthemove

Smile if you like SEAT's
May 14, 2006
Wrexham
i find my wipers dont work very well once rainx is on my windshield, ( i have aerotwins ). once i took the rainx off, they work brilliantly.

So what you meant was, your wipers are crap?
Mine work perfectly with rainex on, although i hardly use them when it's really wet as i don't need to.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise