Got my car back (Big Turbo)

sooty22

sooty22
Dec 28, 2006
nera richmond north yorks
yeah think it will e a big difference lol, great fun driving it the 235miles home lol...
think im going to take it steady until i get uprated brakes lol. i am running the forge fmic at the mo wel see how it holds up to a bigger turbo tho lol

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
It sounds lush! :D bet it goes well! Oh i'd love my car to be that nice! :lol:

thanks mate nice of you to say!! just takes dedication mate this car has taken over my life every spare penny i have goes on the car i have stopped spending money on anything else to make this car what it is now and belive me its not finished yet!!

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
It does completely transform the way the power is delivered. Holds the power like Mikey said through the rev range but how the power is managed is more down to the map and I think mine, Mikey's and yours when it's done will all be slightly different due to different people mapping them and mine is done in a live mapping situation on the road rather then rollers so again will be different. I'll be able to tell you my full thoughts hopefully next week when I've had my FMIC fitted and the car's been back for the map to be tweaked. Will update you when I've had time to play.

well done mate you finally bought it haha can't wait for you to get it fitted stu said he had a race with you the other night and went past you?? can't belive that were you giving it properly??

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
yeah think it will e a big difference lol, great fun driving it the 235miles home lol...
think im going to take it steady until i get uprated brakes lol. i am running the forge fmic at the mo wel see how it holds up to a bigger turbo tho lol

aparently jabba were saying the forge one was "ok" and that it could be better but it does the job!

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
thats mdding cars for ya, you don't see many people into cars who don't rack up a bit of debt for em. Viscous addiction, sometimes i think smack heads have got it easy cmpared to car lovers......lol

My car seem to be soaking up0 money like a sponge at the momont :( ...........Its worth it though!!! :D

AvRS

Nov 3, 2005
Milton Keynes
well done mate you finally bought it haha can't wait for you to get it fitted stu said he had a race with you the other night and went past you?? can't belive that were you giving it properly??

Well that's not true the only time he passed me was when I flashed him to go in front as he was turning right at the roundabout and was in the left lane coming up to traffic. I just never got passed him as when we did go we stayed the same distance till up to 1** and I started to close the gap but ran out of road. Oh well I know it wasn't running as it should've been which is why APS have agreed to tweak it for me. Hopefully it'll be running similar to yours but hopefully less smokey :p

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
yea should be close between us up santapod i think :D can't wait now, whilst driving to wales i blew a boost pipe which was crap but managed to bodge it up at the side of the road and got me home lol do you know wnayone that sells uprated boost pipes for our cars??

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
yep good guess i just bought the standard pipe for the time being because i need to fix it quickly but i m looking into how i can buy an uprated one, spoke to allrards as jabba didnt have any idea's and he said i need to get forge to make one up must say the guy at allards was a top guy and had nothing but nice words about jabba and their work, it was one of those awkward moments he said is it running more pressure than standard then i'm like ummm yea has a jabba big turbo lol but i have bought one of their egr blanking unit with the nipple for the boost gauge which is a bloody great idea haha, means i can put my engine cobver back on as mine comes out the top of the pipe that has snapped so cant put the engine cover on.

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
Mike IIRC you can just use the cupra alloy pipe that runs down top side of engine - this uses jubilee cleamps. Couple this with a 90 degrees forge pipe onto the allards race pipe and you should be sorted.

gazjones

yes or use allards race pipe that tripple d had on his car no push fit connections there just good old jubilee clips done up tight

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
so you guys think i should get the egr replacement unit

egrreplacement.jpg

a 90 degree hose

90replacement.jpg

so do i need 102mm or 11mm or 13mm or 16mm hose??? i'm not sure.

then this cupra pipe anyone know part number for that obviously i will just get that from seat or i was also concidering using forge hoses i have in the garage spare and i have lined them up and they almost exactly fit with a bit of trimming of one of the pipes, i'm not really sure but i do want to get is sorted before it pops again i have spoken to allard he will have the egr replacement in by tuesday so will get that ordered then, will the car need another map after this do you think?? maybe one for devonmikeyboy??

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
ok mate, still deciding what to do with black smoke jabba say i will loose prob around 15bhp if i get it reduced just seems like alot to me as i have been spending all this money and if i loose 15bhp i may aswell of just got a standard pd150 turbo as i have heard they can be mapped to that and saved myself a load of money i'm going to get the propane then take it back to jabba and say look i want max power min smoke get on with it but then i worry that i may not benefit from the propane and may end up spending £1200 on propane and still only having 230hp just with less smoke then i might aswell save myself 1200quid and live with the smoke :( dunno i'm so undecided at the moment also getting a feeling that no-matter what i do to this car it isn't going to be fast enough for me to want to keep it for a long time. lol my heads all messed up at the moment with this car lol i'm starting to sound like i need councelling hahahaha!!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise