Sprint Booster

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
I was invited up to Star Performance to try out one of these Sprint Booster modules, which is supposed to transform the throttle response on drive-by-wire cars, so I went up - had one fitted which only takes about 5 mins (unplug the cable to the pedal, fit the module and plug back in) - then went for a drive to feel the difference.

I was sceptical but all I can say is wow ... feels like a cable throttle now - response is instant and the ultra-sharp, sensitive response makes the car feel quicker as a result. It's amazing how lazy the factory response actually is, which you only realise once you've got one of these fitted.

http://www.sprintbooster.gr/en/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

It's not cheap at £165 + VAT but it definately works and is by no means a useless gadget IMO.

THANKS FOR LETTING US KNOW ABOUT IT.

CHEERS

ANDY

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
I was invited up to Star Performance to try out one of these Sprint Booster modules, which is supposed to transform the throttle response on drive-by-wire cars, so I went up - had one fitted which only takes about 5 mins (unplug the cable to the pedal, fit the module and plug back in) - then went for a drive to feel the difference.

I was sceptical but all I can say is wow ... feels like a cable throttle now - response is instant and the ultra-sharp, sensitive response makes the car feel quicker as a result. It's amazing how lazy the factory response actually is, which you only realise once you've got one of these fitted.

http://www.sprintbooster.gr/en/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

It's not cheap at £165 + VAT but it definately works and is by no means a useless gadget IMO.

rob in your opinion, do you think its worth £164?! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....Track=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:middle:uk

cheers!

davidhunter

Apr 27, 2004
Was up at Star today to get a full geometry setup on my car as I was scrubbing tyres on the front and there seems to be no one in Glasgow that can actually align tyres properly. Saw Jim's new alignment system very groovy with mirrors and lasers etc. cool. Was right was toed in a bit and the caster is out on the front. Toe in problem sorted but cannot adjust caster but not a million miles outside tolerance so no big deal.

Anyway also placed a set of michelin pilot sports on it and they grip like hell also very quiet compared to the Hankook K104s and the Bridgestone Potenza's I had before.

To cut to the point Jim said Robdon had tried one of the sprint boosters and liked it so he said give it a go and see what I though. 5 minutes later took it for a drive and have just arrived back in Glasgow and its great.

It feels like the first time Jim mapped the car although I know there is no more power. Flat spots have been removed and you only tap the throttle and it feels like you have been given all the power you would normally get at full throttle, now the draw back is when you go full throttle you don't get any more power so I think it may be working by telling the EMU to open the throttle more than it acually is.

All in all its a real hoot to drive, very, very, very quick response to tapping the throttle and you can very quickly be going into the illegal area of speed without flooring it.

Jim says he will fit it for free and if you don't like it he will take it off again so there is nothing for you to loose, give it a go.

All in all a good day, new tyres, properly aligned and into the bargin a great gadget that makes the car feel much faster or at least respond faster anyway. I would compare it to one of those quick shift gear levers or my first remap for transformation character, well worth every penny, a BIG THANK YOU JIM @ STAR.

David

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
Sweet Dave,

Thats great news mate!! mine still hasn't arrived unfortuantly from CKS but i will be hoping to get it tomorrow thru DHL and maybe pop it to midvw in the afternoon when i pick my car up from its service!

Great stuff, will of course review as well when its on and tested!

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
now the draw back is when you go full throttle you don't get any more power so I think it may be working by telling the EMU to open the throttle more than it acually is.

correct:D
From what i have read on other forums about them they seem to be a device that tricks the ECU by telling it the throttle pedal has been pushed down further than it really has

davidhunter

Apr 27, 2004
thought so karl.w good to see I have some brains lol !! My cupra only has 218 bhp up from the 180 so full throttle is quite often used for short bursts. Just been out to check my tyre pressures on the new Michelins i have put them at 33 psi according to the info on the filler lid. Anyone else do different pressures ?

Had a look under the dash just briefly, Jim's fitter Brian has made a super tidy job I can't even see where he has put the sprint box, then again I can't really see the cable that attaches to the accelerator, its up there somewhere think I would need to remove some plastic parts ! Can't wait to drive to work tomorrow now just to see if it feels as good the next day.

So anyone else bought one and had it fitted yet ?

David

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.