best budget tyre for rear?

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
as the name states...looking for a new tyre for the rear cus its just had a very large screw pulled out of it and gone straight down.

budget tyre i hear you ask?? is because im going abroad in a couple of weeks and cant afford to get a proper one until after [:@]

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
Marshal matrac tyres are around the 50 quid mark, They are actually decent tyres but under the cheaper banner of marshal and not kumho.

Cupraloon

Personally i wouldn't fit budget tyres, probably not what you want to hear... :(

But having had some, they were shite in the wet,

If you have the std 16in on yer 20vt i'd suggest you have a look at mytyres, there are some really cheap (goodride) ones there less than £30, dunno what there like for grip etc... etc but if you want cheap, don't be tempted to go down your local tyre place cos what they seem to offer as "cheap" isn't in my experience... :whistle:

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/start.html

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Premium set of tyres that you can pick up quite cheaply for 16s if you have them is falken 452's. Fastly become a forum favourite.

Cupraloon

Premium set of tyres that you can pick up quite cheaply for 16s if you have them is falken 452's. Fastly become a forum favourite.

Funnily enough I "almost" suggested those myself, having bought 4 myself recently, but their not really budget at £52.00 i didnt think :shrug:

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD

but don't make the mistake of buying falken ZE512's, possibly the worst tyre i've ever used :(

cupracooper

Somewhere in the middle
Jan 19, 2004
Warwickshire
Visit site
Use the spare for a couple of weeks, buy some tyre weld just in case, then buy a decent tyre after you get back..

Seems like a waste of £50 on a tyre your already admitting isn't really any good :)

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
I would not fit budget tyres. Especialy to the rear (if u like to drive hard). But it u have to you have to.

Ring Mk tyres and ask there advice. They do do it for a living :)

Personaly i go to Linslade Tyres becasue the guy who owns the place it the most helpfull bloke i know :)

Steffie

Where abouts are you based?

As i work at my dads breakers yard and we sell and fit part worn tyres.

m_zafar

Sep 27, 2006
tyres

i went for the eagle f1 gds tyres. i moved the rear ones to the fronts as they were being replaced. if you have a half decent car, why be tight on tyres? obviously there are more expensive ones out there

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
im not tight with my car, as i already have the goodyears on the fronts and the rears are still alright. and the reason iv gone budget is because of the forthcoming holiday which i mentioned in the first post.

AdamRoutley

Use The Force!!
Feb 22, 2007
Walsall
www.myspace.com
already sorted my mate...£52 fully fitted from "Mr Tyre" and i must say their service was impecible, unlike quik-fit who marks my alloys before. think its called a alpha or something similar...both rears will be changed when i return from my travels.

btw..spare is a 16 and slightly narrower, but not a "biscuit wheel" and my tyre sizes are 225/45/17w

1981whips

Aug 11, 2007
ive got some 225/40/r18 on my LC some **** make called iron man an there **** need new ones after six month an give no grip wet or dry.

which are the best tyres for an LC at good prices dont mind diggin a bit but do want some crimbo money left

any ideas

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.