FINALLY - honeycombe debadged leon FR / Cupra grille!!! opinions??

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
hmmmmm, not sure.... I think I like it. But i still think the price, for what it is, is too high.
But i might still be tempted.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
I'm sure your be tempted soon enough, you pretty much modded everything else on ur Leon Pabs.... another mod to go on the famous Pabs site....

paul26982

looks funny without the S like it has 2 noses or summit, hard to get used to

wazo786

Apr 3, 2006
sorry guys, would have posted the link up earlier but i see someone has got to it before me (same person who kindly told me about the link - ur a star!!)

i was going to order one yesterday as i think it really sets off the yellow leon - not too sure about how it would suit other colours however

Thing is - it says delivery can take up to 30 days

Funny thing is, whole site is in french but just before you order theres a wee bit in french that says delivery info and if you click it, everything in the popup regarding delivery is in english (if you scroll down a bit)

deffo gonna order one after xmas

Its not that pricey if you consider most other cdebadged grilles for other cars are in the region of 30 - 45ish quid and they are from the UK - so 50 quid delivered from france is no bad

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
This may sound a little cheezy...

But what about cloning that grille...

Anyone know if it can be cheaper... I mean like some place that works with plastic bits n bobs ?

Another thing is the fitment, I think you have to remove the bumper to fit that...

Last edited:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
nope - u do not need to remove bumper to fit. I THINK.
There is 1 small philips-head screw in the top of it, under the plastic trim along the front of the engine bay.

Then there are 4 clips at the back of it - which you should be able to access to release the grille.

The REST of the honecombe grille is a bumper off job.

I'm 70% certain i'm right, as mine is loose and i've taken mine off before. But my bottom clip is broken, so it just came straight out.

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
This may sound a little cheezy...

But what about cloning that grille...

Anyone know if it can be cheaper... I mean like some place that works with plastic bits n bobs ?

Another thing is the fitment, I think you have to remove the bumper to fit that...

MDS,

Tried that one before it can be a little pricey to clone and to find a company that will do a small batch in the right material without order a batch of 10,000 is hard.

Fitment, couldnt be easier...

Lift the bonnet, pull the black plastic cover on the front of the engine bay, unscrew the one screw holding the spring into place, then without trapping ur fingers push the grill out from the backside of it, using a screw driver if possible of the plastic catches to ease removal.... Piece of **ss done in 5 mins...

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
so any interested in doing a multiple buy and acting as the coordinator if everyone pays them first?

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Yeah got one...

Think i posted pics up if you search.. but i didnt use it in the end, as the honeycomb wasnt a perfect match to the OEM side grills, and the wrong colour...
But I'm a perfectist, so understandable i picked it out.. I sold the grill 2 weeks later to RikH, then he sold it again... lol

Yeah got one...

Think i posted pics up if you search.. but i didnt use it in the end, as the honeycomb wasnt a perfect match to the OEM side grills, and the wrong colour...
But I'm a perfectist, so understandable i picked it out.. I sold the grill 2 weeks later to RikH, then he sold it again... lol

What was the service like as in speed of delivery etc?

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
Yeah got one...

yeh i had it, was poor colour match so like slick i wasnt having it
swopped it for eibach springs with dodson, he fitted it, then crashed. it died somewhere at a gate in the north east

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
Wow ...

I am sorry to hear that :(

However the guy with the yellow car seemed to paint them all black... Guess I know why now...

:blink:

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
What was the service like as in speed of delivery etc?

came within 5 days...!

Just the product wasnt up to scatch, i could have done better...

well i did actually made the first and only one OEM Cupra R honey comb grill i think!?;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.