Camera Detectors

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Im looking at getting a Pogo Alert I think.

Already got a Sat Nav HU so just after something small to warn of the odd camera site here and there.

simonac84

Have a round angel compact with laser detector mount. Picks up the odd supermarket doors. dont use it anymore could be bother with it going off all the time.

Lushman

I have a garmin Streetpilot C550 and it has a database for Static Speed Camera and known Spots for camera vans. It cost around £300 about a year but could be alot cheaper now. It has saved my bacon a few times and is easy to use. however I do not condone speeding lol and no doubt the known spot and new cameras will not always be kept constantly upto date.

From What I understand about those camera vans, they can read a plate from around 400 metres. I was given a demonstration and couldn't believe how far and clear they can zoom in without any distortion.

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
best getting a talexlite gps...it warns you of mobile camera sites and it,s then upto you if you want to risk speeding,but it does tell you all sites.i couldn,t believe how many sites it pointed out as mobile camera sites on road to scarborough,and saved me a few times,though not always manned you are at least prepared and this one is the cheapest and is the best buy recomended by autoexpress at £70.00 ,,,,,,,,,

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
I have the RA compact (hardwire guide somewhere on here by me) - simple to install, very small & stealth (left in car 100% of the time), I got it for £70 & paid £99 for 3 years subscription.

It's excellent at informing you of gatso's (fixed, temporary etc), you can set it to warn you of mobile camera's (places where the police normally hide out), blackspots, schools etc.

I have the Laser attachment also, but it's not worthwhile installing as I have the RA on the right of the driver, so the laser bit wouldn't be central anyway.

Cupraloon

its worth point out that All screen mounted devises may be illegal soon, they are trying to bring legislation to stop people mounting thing on the screen and causeing bling spot.

farking nanny state, what will they think of next to get yet more money out your pocket and into theirs....[:@]

Malice19

.:Cupra 4 The Win:.
Mar 16, 2006
Swindon
I drove past a speed camera van doing 85-90 on a dual carriageway... thing is i could see the yellow and red stripes it had on the back of the van, and what looked like 2 black cameras but as i drove past it after hitting the breaks i did not see any thing identifying it as a speed camera van???

Don't they have to label it or at least have a warning sign of a speed camera?
What do camera vans use? Laser or radar?

If radar then I'm looking to get a detector....

Cheers

MDS

Marco
Dec 10, 2006
I have 5 Microfusion units sitting on the shelf here... got them , but they dont work here in Portugal.

From what I hear, they are pretty good in the UK.

Nice thing about them is their size. Smaller than a mobile phone...

radar_6.jpg

If you need one, send me a private message,... mayeb you will help me clear up the shelf space and save some beermoney on fines..

dpriestley

farking nanny state, what will they think of next to get yet more money out your pocket and into theirs....[:@]

If people used common sense and didn't place Sat Nav systems in their line of sight, then the government wouldn't have to do anything about it.

andycupra

status subject to change
I drove past a speed camera van doing 85-90 on a dual carriageway... thing is i could see the yellow and red stripes it had on the back of the van, and what looked like 2 black cameras but as i drove past it after hitting the breaks i did not see any thing identifying it as a speed camera van???

Cheers

Nope.

They dont even have to have the high visability markings.
Cameras dont even have to be yellow!

Its a common understand that they have to be visable and have signs, but thats only if they want to be part of the 'camera partnership scheme'. This basically means the council or whoever can claim back costs incurred running the camera from the fines. If they are not claiming back costs then they dont have to follow the guidelines, but probably do have some rules about where they can do it from a safety point of view.
I believe the camera partnership scheme has been downsized and perhaps the police no longer have this option?

stevo72

Feb 3, 2007
cambridge
TDS TR20 Lite

A couple of years ago i got the above, was highly rated in autoxpress product awards, worth checking out;

Works very well ( doesn't detect laser) but by the time you have detected the laser it has already got you; but is does the following

Advisory warning of:-
Gatso
Truvelo
SPECS
DS2
Mobile camera sites
Notice of congestion charging and toll charge roads, bridges and tunnels
Warning of accident blackspots
Identification of schools

Since then though i have tom tom on my phone with speed trap detector which seeems to work well so i only tend to use one or the other depending if i know where i am going.

Timthebrief

Barmy Army sleeper cell

Cheers

If the van is unmarked on the sides it may well be ANPR rather than speed cameras and could infact belong to Police, VOSA or even DVLA. Speed camera vans do not have to be fully marked, but most are as they are operated by "Safety Camera Partnerships". The routes they are used on will usually have camera signs posted but the van itself does not have to be marked.

PS most vans now use laser.

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
If people used common sense and didn't place Sat Nav systems in their line of sight, then the government wouldn't have to do anything about it.

Jeez, how brainwashed are you???

I have a Tom Tom that attaches to my windscreen and in no way, shape or form does it affect my ability to see the road!

This labour government is a joke, they pick on road users in every possible way they can to bleed us dry and I'm sick of it.

Malice19

.:Cupra 4 The Win:.
Mar 16, 2006
Swindon
If the van is unmarked on the sides it may well be ANPR rather than speed cameras and could infact belong to Police, VOSA or even DVLA. Speed camera vans do not have to be fully marked, but most are as they are operated by "Safety Camera Partnerships". The routes they are used on will usually have camera signs posted but the van itself does not have to be marked.

PS most vans now use laser.

Cheers mate for the reply.... will keep posted to see if i get my fine in the post... .Enjoy :shrug:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.