Top Gear enter in the Silverstone 24hour

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Apparently according to Pistonheads, the boys from Top Gear including the Stig, have been entered into the 24 hour race at Silverstone from 7th-9th September.

I've just checked the EERC website and the entry list confirms.

78 0 Jeremy Clarkson Team Top Gear BMW 330 Dti Sport
James May
Richard Hammond
Stig

http://www.eerc.co.uk/

My boss did this last year and the team he was part of won their class in the Butler Motorsport M3.

It will be mad with this lot in the mix.

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Dunlop Tour24

This might be of interest if any of you are thinking of heading over to the 24 hour at Silverstone.

Dunlop are calling on all driving enthusiasts and motorsport fans to take part in a unique 24 hours of British racing raising money for Birmingham Children's hospital and celebrating the Brticar event at Silverstone race circuit on the 8th September 2007.

They are looking for an electrifying mix of cars to take part in a tour from their home at TyreFort to the Silverstone race circuit

As a Tour24 driver you will receive a special Britcar ticket deal of £15.00 for the weekend (normal price £35.00) with £5.00 being donated to the Birmingham Children's hospital.

More info here. http://www.driversknow.co.uk/tour24/

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I was thinking about heading down.... at least on the GP circuit there might be a chance of getting some where to get some fence free pics

Muzorewa

¡Muchas gracias señores!
Aug 6, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
I was thinking about heading down.... at least on the GP circuit there might be a chance of getting some where to get some fence free pics

Unless you're a basketball player there seemed to be only a handful of spots for fence-free pics,

1. Pit-straight grandstand just by the entrance to the pits (where the cars are on the RH side of the track)
2. Luffield terracing
3. Club corner
4. Infield between Bridge and Priory

Muz Jr was chuffed to see the TG crew, even got Clarkson's autograph.

Still not brilliant photo opportunities, a bit too far away really :blink:

DSCF2008.jpg

Dscf6987.jpg

Dscf7021.jpg

Dscf7015.jpg

Did you go, Mark? If you did I'm surprised we didn't see you, there was nobody else there, I've never seen such a dismal turnout for what should have been a fairly major meeting....

Last edited:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Did you go, Mark? If you did I'm surprised we didn't see you, there was nobody else there, I've never seen such a dismal turnout for what should have been a fairly major meeting....

In the end I was too tired (I only wanted to do night shots) and as you pointed out - there's no decent spots there.

shame there's a low turn out, it must cost a small fortune to put on that event

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I'd like to of gone this year myself. Especially as the boss won his race in Dutch Supercar. But had the society wedding of the year at the weekend. :)

If it's on again next year I may well make the trip down for this, ages since I've seen a night race.

Good pics muz :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.