can you play music through your standard stereo using an ipod

Chris20vT

Touch the pipe...!!!!!!
Dec 4, 2006
Norwich
I got an ipod nano (G2) for my birthday in August and was looking to connect to my stereo in car also.

I bought one of those FM transmitter thingies which plugs into the cigarette lighter (cost £12 online), it works, but not quite as good as I thought it would be.

So I went to Asda and bought an MP3 Cassette adaptor for just under £10, this is even worse! when accelerating you can hear the sound through the speakers!

When you find something that sounds good, charges and also holds the ipod (so you can see it) let me know !

I have the Dension kit fitted to my car (www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk), plugs in the standard car stereo via the 6 CD port. I took out the multichanger and got a insert sleeve in the glovebox and therefore have more room.

The do different size cradles to push fit your iPod but I bought the dock connector instead (to make it universal for other iPods) and got a cradle from www.dsldevelopments.co.uk the Ipod charges and the 1-6 buttons on the stereo control the playlists on my iPod.

I certainly recommend it but the only snag is when you skip tracks forward it jumps by 2 instead of one, don't know why.

Last edited:

Danbo

Sideways is forwards
Feb 20, 2004
Visit site
Another cheap option for those with an aux out on their headunits is to simply buy a cable to connect the ipod to it for a couple of pounds. No loss of sound quality although obviously you still control the ipod directly.

Aug 24, 2007
Another cheap option for those with an aux out on their headunits is to simply buy a cable to connect the ipod to it for a couple of pounds. No loss of sound quality although obviously you still control the ipod directly.

you need to make sure it's an input you have, an output socket is no use ;)

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
Believe it or nto aux in loose a fair bit of sound quality, Your converting from digital to analog and back again and then back again!!

thats why ipod connectors are great as it keeps a wholey digital link to the HU

Mikael

Does anybody know if the Gateway 100 supports the Ipod nano 3rd generation?

How easy is it to connect it to the factory fitted radio?

As i don't have a CD changer i was thinking of mountin/keeping the IPod in the glove box. How easy is it to lead the cables into there (without getting tangled up in other cables or wrecking the aircon or similar.....)?

muks11

Oct 30, 2007
Leicester
VW have been suppling Ipod adapters that can be controlled through the stereo. It replaces the cd changer. There pretty new so unsure if the work with the leon stereo.

do a search for "vw ipod" on ebay

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise