Quick Car Tax Question

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
But by having that turbo means it emits more Co2, therefore putting it in the higher tax bracket.

not so mate. my mate has got a 2002 corsa sri 1.8 and he pays exactly the same amount for tax as i do in a '02 lcr the thing that gets me is my old 2.5v6 sri vectra was a p ('96) reg and it still fell in the same tax bracket as my lcr u'd think newer cars would be cheap as they emit less co2 :shrug:

Cupraloon

Enjoy some rape! Fuel is going up as well, predicted to go over £1 a Liter in next 2 weeks :cry:

Oh well, here we go again, time to get the bicycle out then..

Either that or buy that farm in france, and emigrate....

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
Enjoy some rape! Fuel is going up as well, predicted to go over £1 a Liter in next 2 weeks :cry:

in the next 2 wks. bloody hell i've been payin nearly £1.05 a litre for the past 3 months[:@]:censored::cry:

Last edited:

Chris20vT

Touch the pipe...!!!!!!
Dec 4, 2006
Norwich
But by having that turbo means it emits more Co2, therefore putting it in the higher tax bracket.

not so mate. my mate has got a 2002 corsa sri 1.8 and he pays exactly the same amount for tax as i do in a '02 lcr the thing that gets me is my old 2.5v6 sri vectra was a p ('96) reg and it still fell in the same tax bracket as my lcr u'd think newer cars would be cheap as they emit less co2 :shrug:

I think it was about year 2000 registered cars that got their tax rated on CO2. Before then it was based on engine size. Might answer your question about your old Vectra being just as expensive.

I used to have a 1.8GL Cavalier 1991 year, even that was £170 for the year, as I had that nearly 3 years ago thats now probably the same as my LC!

As for your mates Corsa, from a quick search I've done it appears to be around the 190G/km mark, putting it in the £205 category. Probably better off with an LC or LCR! More power but costs the same !!

Cupraloon

This car tax pricing really doesn't seem to bear any resemblence to what the car is....

old Pug 306xsi
Date of Liability 01 10 2007
Date of First Registration 16 03 1994
Year of Manufacture 1994
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1998CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Licence Due to Expire
Vehicle Colour BLUE
Vehicle Type Approval null
Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £99.00
12 Months Rate £180.00

my old Prelude vtec:
Date of First Registration 19 11 1998
Year of Manufacture 1998
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 2157CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour SILVER
Vehicle Type Approval null
6 Months Rate £99.00
12 Months Rate £180.00

My 2002 LC
Date of First Registration 15 07 2002
Year of Manufacture 2002
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1781CC
CO2 Emissions 202g/Km
Fuel Type Petrol
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour RED
Vehicle Type Approval M1
The information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.
6 Months Rate £112.75
12 Months Rate £205.00

Admittedly the pug & honda were a little older, but both had bigger engines, both were built before all these new regulation's yet both were and still are cheaper to tax.

The cost of road tax on the lc/lcr must boil down to the fact they are fitted with a turbo :confused: :shrug:

And yet i thought a turbo made the engine more efficiant not less, so why the price of £205 :shrug: