tdi wastegate louder than my mate 1.8t cupra

adroc

i have a 1.9 tdi 110 that i had remapped to 160 bhp with uprated nozzels that am please with for now;) but it makes a louder dump than my mates cupra 1.8t but only since the remappe does anyone know why? or is it just because diesels are better;):D

Last edited by a moderator:

adroc

no mate mine sounds louder than his and he has a forge dump valve

adroc

yes its the wastegate but it very loud and i just thought it was strange for a diesel (i mean as loud a my mate's cossie) , also i have been asked 3 times by different college's who have various v.a.g 1.9tdi's where i got the dump valve , there shocked when i tell them there isnt one

the reason i first asked this question is that i thought that my wastgate was faulty and didnt want to blow my turbo

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
I get slight lift-off wastegate chatter/whooshing, but doesn't compare to a proper petrol turbo one, especially aftermarket. It might need looking in to.

adroc

how can i adjust the boost :confused: and also what is the next turbo to go for and will it bolt straight on

adroc

that would be the vnt -17 would it , will it bolt on with no messing about if so where can i lay my paws on one

Last edited by a moderator:

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
VNT17 is a bolt on affair to my knowledge. Very commonly used turbo in the states for the 110 engines. Can also use vnt20 hybrids, but they cost a bit more. Note that 1.65 bar is fairly high even for a vnt17. That's about a good tuned boost pressure even for one of those turbos. To show this comparatively my turbo only pushes a consistent 1.9 bar to get the power I have.

adroc

thanks for the advice , i am going to go and find a vnt 17 now hope it will fit with no mods, thanks again:D

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
hahaha! vnt-15 at 1.65! that ain't gonna last long mate, constant max for the 15 is 1.2!

vnt-17 holds 1.6 constant stock on the 130's so it'll be ok,,, and btw, there is no dump valve and no wastegate on yout car.

you can search ebay for new and used vnt's, if you lose a bit of time waiting for the bargain you can get a cheap one. good luck.

mrk

May 4, 2007
i get a bit of chatter when i lift off but its no where near as loud as a cossie would be with a valve on it

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.